1997 80's Electric seat repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the new gears to install but I am worried about the motor. The Lumbar button works fine. The seat cushion/height control works fine. The Seat Back Control and the seat position (forward and backward) does not work. Been researching past threads. Do I need to replace the entire control panel? or is that something that I would have to take a look at when the seat is taken a part? Does actual motor need to be replaced?

Subscribed. My passenger seat just got stuck in the forward most position.

I can only have midgets as passengers now.

I dont hear the motor working when I move it forward or backward, nor do I hear the motor working when I move the seat control switch

Try pushing both the buttons you see in the pic simultaneously numerous times and it may free up. I had this same issue, when I first got my 80 the seat got put all the way back on a visit to the stealership. I just by dumb Irish luck was pushing the buttons together and the seat just started moving forward. My seat will still not move forward if I just push one button, but if I push both, it works fine. Hope that helps.

20200823_162320.jpg

I think there is a few threads concerning this. Search again.

Try "seat" and "gears"

Try pushing both the buttons you see in the pic simultaneously numerous times and it may free up. I had this same issue, when I first got my 80 the seat got put all the way back on a visit to the stealership. I just by dumb Irish luck was pushing the buttons together and the seat just started moving forward. My seat will still not move forward if I just push one button, but if I push both, it works fine. Hope that helps.

View attachment 2413812
Thanks, I tried that and did not work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom