For Sale 1997 43k miles Wow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used car auction where there was probably little interest. Just a guess but good news is that some one here can look up the auction result.
Why would there be little interest at any used car auction? Especially right now, the used car market is absolutely on fire. Dealer auctions are not somehow exempt from this.

My guess is that gold was added on this truck as a Port Installed option. Wish I could see the original window sticker. the list on the add look incomplete as floor mats are not on the page shown and they all had CF optoins. I do see the C7 package which was a port installed option package. The C7 was an easy way for the reps to click one box and add luggage rack, running boards, hitch, and a few other items. Other Port installed codes were DU wood grain, CF floor mats, HP hood protector SD sunroof wind deflector etc etc. All Land Cruisers were sold on waiting lists so reps would load them all up with everything that could be added. Dealers had to "defend themselves" from this by removing them via computuer once the allocations were sent to their screens. Does gold seem like an over reach on a factory applied BN (black emblem) optioned truck? yes! but it was done because the gold PPO add was a $400+ dollar option in those days and pushed hard by Toyota USA.

The port would install gold on a Special Edition or 40th if selected by the Regional office during allocation. Gold was extremely profitable for Toyota as a Port installed option and was much higher quality than dealer gold applied by electro plating processes. The typical buyer in the 90's liked gold on their luxury cars.

Dealers would do on-site plating and the Toyota ports would remove the original plant installed badges and put on gold ones at the US ports when they added floor mats and luggage racks, running boards, tow hitches.

RKTINC

According to the NHTSB - an absurdly high percentage of vehicles over 10 years old deemed "low mile" are actualiy odo rollbacks. Super easy to make an 80 with 123k miles...43k.
I remember seeing a 60 minutes special that in the 90’s/early 00’s this was a common practice amongst wholesalers.
Then there was the Ferrari scandal that a roll back was common practice.

I know of a 92 JDM VX Limited 1HDT triple locked with only 56k km. All verified! The same group that I bought mine from has it. Problem is, the asking price went up $15k since June. I guess the overseas market has exploded. They offered to buy mine back for $35k. Told them no way.

FED5DFB6-5B98-4BC9-AC1B-4778C234734C.jpeg

3A65F551-3291-49EC-94AD-20F8A70A2C96.jpeg

3DE1B61E-9A0C-4E48-B59F-55BBB7BD1641.jpeg

9828C0EC-BB4E-4A95-8D65-DAF876A642CD.jpeg

According to their Instagram page the truck has sold. Didn’t take very long!

Lol lowest in world? mines supercahrged and has only 2500miles new OEM engine under hood. just sayn and I dont trust call for pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom