For Sale 1997 43k miles Wow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Def not the lowest Odo out there.
And no K294.

Gold badges are installed in place of the unobtanium black pearl ones. :eek:
Floor mats looks perfect.

Overall, condition looks appropriate for miles.

Maybe someone with deep pockets will buy it to drive it, but I don't see a serious collector paying that much for an unlocked 80.

$0.02

But, but...it's not #TRIPPLELOCKED!!!!!!, and I am biased against the color...and the vendor...but it is a good looking truck.

They are. Without question.

Not based on market trends. Even on Hemmings, Mecum, Barrett-Jackson, and Sotheby's the 92-97 vehicles aren't averaging hi-end prices yet, but they're getting there! These trends even include 70 Series sold within the 80-Series model years.

1612459395091.png

We saw $35-50K prices for the best examples several years ago. Well before the market seemingly took off on BaT.
To my knowledge, the $80K example on BaT is the highest public sale.

Nobody is bringing a #1 condition 80 series to Mecum or B-J. And while Sothebys and the other high end houses have the monied buyers, I don't know if they would take the listing with an appropriate reserve.

If I were on the sell side, I'd go straight to BaT. Despite the fact that I loathe what they have become and the sleazy crap that they sometimes allow to happen.

1612459862765.png

Last edited:
Def not the lowest Odo out there.
And no K294.

Gold badges are installed in place of the unobtanium black pearl ones. :eek:
Floor mats looks perfect.

Overall, condition looks appropriate for miles.

Maybe someone with deep pockets will buy it to drive it, but I don't see a serious collector paying that much for an unlocked 80.

$0.02
K294??

K294?!?! Uh, a Lexus Cruiser might have real Burlwood...

K294?!?! Uh, a Lexus Cruiser might have real Burlwood...

K294= Factory installed lockers. As opposed to K292, regular axles.

The LX450 is to the Land Cruiser, as the Mercury Cougar is to the Mustang. Yes, they're basically the same, but they're not. :)

I just missed out on a 24k mile lx450 last year. Are these dealers just refreshing tempest all day or where are these 80's coming from?

I just missed out on a 24k mile lx450 last year. Are these dealers just refreshing tempest all day or where are these 80's coming from?

According to CF, this one came through a dealer auction in CA.

I suggest doing a quick search on this particular dealer. Not that the negative reviews here hurt them much. They sell plenty of Land Cruisers. #lipstickonapig

what kind of idiot dealer sent this to a wholesale auction, the gold package is certainly a unique touch

I don’t think it’s worth 50

We saw $35-50K prices for the best examples several years ago. Well before the market seemingly took off on BaT.
To my knowledge, the $80K example on BaT is the highest public sale.

Nobody is bringing a #1 condition 80 series to Mecum or B-J. And while Sothebys and the other high end houses have the monied buyers, I don't know if they would take the listing with an appropriate reserve.

If I were on the sell side, I'd go straight to BaT. Despite the fact that I loathe what they have become and the sleazy crap that they sometimes allow to happen.

View attachment 2575387
Maybe we have different definitions for what I mean. I can still find an 80 Series in great condition for under $20K, The same cannot be said for 40 Series, 1st gen Broncos, etc. 60 Series, 55 Series are climbing to these levels too.

I think the "Overland" fad will drive wagon prices to these levels within the next few years and virtually all TLCs will be either major resto candidates or near perfect collectors. "Runners" will be difficult to find for normal folk.

what kind of idiot dealer sent this to a wholesale auction, the gold package is certainly a unique touch

I don’t think it’s worth 50
Most dealers have little interest in collector cars.

No way that went for more than 12k at auction..... They are gonna make a killing.
I don't know why people make wild assumptions like this, you are likely very wrong.

I just hate that Kings Chariot is the one that is selling this. They sell the most overpriced 100 series and GX470's out there.

Most dealers have little interest in collector cars.

I don't know why people make wild assumptions like this, you are likely very wrong.
Used car auction where there was probably little interest. Just a guess but good news is that some one here can look up the auction result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom