For Sale 1997 40th Anniversary Edition FZJ80 3x locked (Northern VA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking to sell my 97 FZJ80. I am consolidating hobbies and unfortunately the LC does not make the cut. I have a fair amount invested, but have never really found time to take advantage of the vehicle.

Vehicle Details:
1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition
Tan/Brown Leather, two tone interior - reupholstered summer 2016
ARB Lockers front and rear - installed summer 2016 by Iron Pig Off-Road
ARB max output on board compressor
Front/Rear Axel Knuckle rebuild - summer 2016
Radiator, Thermostat, fan clutch, exhaust, master cylinder replaced 2017-2018
New AC Compressor summer 2016
Full 2 inch Old Man EMU Suspension installed with heavy springs (Ready for replacement bumper, more recovery gear, etc.) - summer 2016
Iron Pig FJ80 Skid Plate
Metal Tech sliders - installed summer 2016
Pioneer AVH-4100NEX (Car Play/Android Auto)
33inch BFG MT installed 2017, 2.5-3k on them (probably less)

Mechanically the car has been reliable aside from some cooling issues in 2016 that were resolved by replacing the radiator and some of the heating hoses. The car has some rust underneath as would be expected from an east coast car. The rear bumper is the rustiest part. I have daily driven the car for periods of time with no problems. It has never seen any real trail riding or off-roading (unfortunately). The wheels are painted OEMs, not the best. The sliders are painted with bed liner could use touching up or could be stripped and powder coated.

I just recently had about 2k in clean up and maintenance done at Curry's automotive in Alexandria, VA. I have records for all the work done by Iron Pig and Curry's. I love the truck, but just do not have room in my life right now.

Asking 12,500 OBO

IMG_20190210_172350.jpg

I will get some good under carriage images up here this week, not going get time today. For now here are a few of the interior. The wood accents could stand to be replaced on the dash. The leather Seats and arm/head rests are all reupholstered.

Let me know if there are any questions or feedback.

Sorry for the delay! I have not been home while the sun was out till this morning. I will probably need to post more, let me know.

I have heard from a couple people, probably showing this weekend. Please let me know if there are any additional questions.

This may show my ignorance of the FJ80, but why are the cats outside of the frame? That looks like it was done due to a clearance issue?
I'm not an expert either but saw this on the Slee Offroad 80 Series Newbie guide. I've been looking at 96-97's but saw a '93 today and wanted to find out what the differences are. This is a great write-up of the options/features per year:
  • Exhaust system changed from side by side catalytic converters to in-line converters. The exhaust also routes below the frame rail just behind the catalytic converters to avoid excessive heat on the passenger floor-boards.

This may show my ignorance of the FJ80, but why are the cats outside of the frame? That looks like it was done due to a clearance issue?

That's the way it came from the factory. You can modify the exhaust to use 1 cat rotated flat and then rout the pipe over the frame. It was done this way to reduce heat in the rear floor board.

Nice truck. Still available?

pm sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom