For Sale 1997 40th Anniversary ARB's more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 40th Anniversary Toyota Land Cruiser- ARB's lockers & more
I am the 3rd owner
2nd owner was lady who had for 15 years
1st owner was corporate lease
189,700 miles

Ok here goes the painful add I have to write.. I bought this a few months ago from a very nice lady who has had it since '01.. I bought it to replace a 2 door Jeep Wrangler because of a growing family.. Needed more room, safety, and still have great off-road capability.. So after purchasing the cruiser I went on a binge and bought all the parts to make this thing an everyday driver but also be able to push a few buttons and take it wherever I felt like going.. I don't need to spend a lot of words to describe what great trucks these are.. Anyone looking at this add already knows the reputation of the 80 series cruisers and how rare they are to find these days with just a few owners and ones that haven't been beat up off-road and hacked up with poor installs.. This is the last year for solid axles front and rear, as well as the inline 6 cylinder that is world renown and known for having the ability to get well over 300k out of these motors with good preventative maintenance.. Now as I have acquired some of the best off-road parts money can buy, the boss "aka" wife isn't digging the cruiser in the least.. Breaking my heart as I looked for months for the perfect cruiser, she says she wants us to sell it and get a newer 4 door Jeep Wrangler.. Ugghhh, so before I go and throw anymore time and $$ at her I'm hoping someone will buy this thing and complete the vision I had for her and enjoy this beast.. I have already bought and installed a brand new Denso AC compressor and dryer.. The AC system was checked after install and fully charged along with new accessory belts.. AC blows super cold and works great.. So whomever purchases this Cruiser gets this laundry list of brand new never used parts to get installed..

ARB Air Lockers for the front & rear- brand new in box
ARB Twin air compressor- big enough to air up tires and other tasks
ARB manifold kit
ARB differential breather kit
ARB deflator gauge & inflator gauge

MetalTech Rock Sliders- bare steel to get painted or coated of your choice

OPOR FZJ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 Sliders

Land Cruiser Heaven full leather replacement kit for front and middle row seats.
Has everything to do seats, headrests, even armrests on doors.. True 40th anniversary two-tone colors..

Land Cruiser Heaven

Full front end premium rebuild kit.. Includes all bearings, seals, and gaskets for rebuild.. Upgraded to OEM Japanese Koyo bearings

I installed a OEM center diff lock switch with 7pin mode.. This allows full control over the transfer case.. Now it can be switched to 50/50 power front and rear in 4hi and 4low..

OEM valve cover gasket with a tube of OEM gasket sealant

When I got the cruiser it had some blemishes and scratches on the fender flares along with the fender gaskets looking pretty ratty so I had my body guy redo the flares and replace fender gaskets.. He did a great job and I had about $1200 in work done to it.. So whomever buys the cruiser gets to finish it how they see fit.. As rare and hard to find as these 80 series are becoming to get they are steadily going up in value.. I have title in hand.. Please call or text 717-860-2555 for any questions.. Cash talks $11,500 obo..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

More pics.. Just the sliders and the land cruiser heaven kit..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Besides redoing seats, interior just needs a good detail.. The wood grain trim was dis colored and peeling so I removed a few pieces.. I saw a guy here has a replacement for pretty cheap..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All that and the wife wants to downgrade to a jeep??? :bang::confused::confused:

If you're willing to part with the air locker setup as a kit, I'd be very interested.

Rusty, Undercarriage. Nearly 200K miles. Does the engine bay look like the Undercarriage. Damaged dash where you removed wood trim. Your asking price Is way high with that amount of rust on a collectable. All your parts are nice but the future value In a 40th Is all stock with E lockers and minimal rust. I would get a fare price for the parts and sell the 40th as is. Good Luck :)

Still interested in the lockers only. Heck, maybe even the seat covering kit. You've just gotta be willing to part with parts. ;)

:beer::beer:

Thanks for input guys.. Empty head FYI Dash isn't damaged.. Just doesn't look the greatest from peeling off trim.. I'm not selling any of the extra parts till truck is sold.. I readjusted ad on Craigslist to include just truck and leather kit..

Sold.. A fella from Arlington area came up and took her home along with all the extra parts.. First person to come see her, and got all but full asking price.. It's in good hands and I'm glad everything went to same person who will finish her up..

Right on. Hoping the new owner finishes it up so it can be seen on 'a trail near you'.

:beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom