For Sale 1996 Tacoma Zero Rust in Vermont/Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PRICE DROP $4000

I just drove this into Quebec from Georgia, it's a souther car and has always been so it's rust free. Drives great. Got 22 mpg averaging 72 mph according to the GPS. Ran great for 20 hours straight through. No leaks, no oil burning.

I need a four seater but I thought maybe my girlfriend could drive the Tacoma when I'm out of town. I think now it will be easier to just buy a Canadian plated car and in automatic (girlfriend has hard enough time with auto, can't imagine a manual). So the truck is up for sale.

5 speed
4 cylinder
4x4
Single Cab

New Exhaust
New Oxygen sensor
New tires
New...many more things I can't think of

Going Wednesday for an oil change after the big trip up.

Has different tires and rims currently than in picture. I changed to 15x8 steel rims with 32 inch Dayton Timberline M/Ts that used to be on my land cruiser. Rides much much smoother with these tires now. Tool box stays with the truck. Sony CD player installed. Good little pick up, good on gas. Cold A/C, Fog lights, etc. Come see it and drive it. Has brand new exhaust, O2 sensor, tune up, etc. Odometer reads 150k, truck has 180k, speedometer went out so I had to change it. Selling it for what I have in it. I just had it full detailed and is in pristine shape. I'll get more pictures in the morning and post them up.
truck1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, here are some pictures I took this morning. Zero rust, the orange is that Georgia red clay I brought up here from my father's drive way. You can see it looks like the cat. converter and back was replaced. Small ding on the driver's side fender, just happened yesterday.....must be because of the Georgia plates.... One thing I dislike is the coil spacers added by previous owner. Not sure if that is what they are called but you can see in the picture. Other than that, she's super clean. Even the underside of the bed looks new.
014.jpg
025.jpg
016.jpg

and one last shot of the dash
024.jpg

DROPPED PRICE TO $4700

Also, not that it's a big item, but I forgot that it has a K&N air filter and box. Looks like brand new wires and I assume plugs. Going tomorrow for oil change and to check on winterization, battery, anti-freeze, etc.

I also punched numbers a bit and if I can make it out of this with $4700 and get a really good deal on the next car for the girlfriend I can accept the loss . So shoot me offers. I need a four seater, as much as I hate it.....AUTOMATIC..... Looking at Golf's, Civics, Jettas, etc. so I am open to trades if in the area.

I'll be going down to Waterbury, VT on Thursday morning, Thanksgiving Day...... ahhhh always on the go. Anyway, picking up a A.R.E camper top with roof rack for $400 plus the gas and time. It's a steal so it will be added to the package, of course I'll have to adjust the price for it or just keep it! :)

Oh.....point of last post was to see if anybody on the way or in the area wanted to meet up to check it out. Thanks -Nick

Also, for those who are from Canada, who do you use for your oil rust treatment? Ideas because I want to knock that out before first snow fall. I heard they spray the underside with an oil like base to and the engine bay to keep from rust away. Also, rough estimate on pricing. Thanks

SO this will be going on Thursday, I'm so excited I might have to take it off the market!

$110 = oil changed, radiator flushed and changed as of today at Toyota.

the stuff people use around here is called "Rust Check". you can get it in spray cans at canadian tire, or by the gallon from most places that spray it. I wish i had the $$ for this, nice taco.

the stuff people use around here is called "Rust Check". you can get it in spray cans at canadian tire, or by the gallon from most places that spray it. I wish i had the $$ for this, nice taco.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to check with Canadian Tire right now. I'll be posting a picture later of the Taco with roof rack and Yakima bars. Looks sweeet!!!:bounce:

Looks nice with the first set of rims. Lol.

Looks nice with the first set of rims. Lol.

Yeah but it rode like crap and slung anything you went through down the side of the truck. Also rubbed when you turned slightly, the new ones are much better! :cheers:

Ok here is a pic of the camper top made by A.R.E with Yakima bars that detach and have caps to cover attachments. Also have keys to the cores for all the bars. It's raining so the pic isn't so great. Both sides are glass and slide with screen. Very awesome looking now. PM's have been replied to. Lots of interest, so first one with the $$ gets her, or until I decide not to sell, which ever comes first. ;)

If anyone wants any specific pics I'll get them when the rain clears.
tacoma.jpg

Ok, update

I'll let it go for the price of $4700 as seen. That means I am losing money and I don't really even have to sell it or want to. So that means FIRM.

New tires around $500
Tune up, coolant, filters, O2 sensor, detailing, etc. $300+
A.R.E. Camper top with Yakima bars- I have invested $500 in it (worth $1200)

So you basically get a nice taco, for $3k and then have added stuff. All this thing needs is a mild lift ($300ish) and you have a kick ass truck. I may just hang onto it.....

Probably not gonig to sell it, but if anyone is interested I'm asking $4700 OBO, I'll consider offers. I'll also include the Toytec 3in lift I bought. I'll have to mail it to the buyer though. Only reason I'm looking to sell it now is because I am looking at a diesel 60 so If I sell this I can combine my SOA 60 with this one and have a daily driver. Thanks

I'll go as low as $4k, only because I want to keep my Fj60 and get a diesel drivetrain for it. That's it though, $4k, no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom