1996 LX450 on the way to Hawaii (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swbkrn2003

GOLD Star
Threads
1996 LX 450 Triple locked,
I Paid $19k has 180,000 miles. Talked with the Owner for a long time. Had Financial issues so thats why he dad to sell. Wanted to know if this was a wise investment. Interior is excellent including the dash. Would appreciate comments. It will sit next to my Wife's 1984 FJ60 Bone stock and original (She was 2nd owner at 20k miles and currenlty has 252k miles). I'll post pictures after it arrives. Plan on changing out head gasket using ARB Stud Kit, Roof Rack and a winch...and a lot more.

Previous owner had most of the work done at Slee Offroad in Golden, CO. He had over $24,000.00 invested in this vehicle. Below is a list of what has been done.
NEW ARB front bumper
NEW Additional Front Driving Lights
NEW Turn Signals
NEW 315/75 R16 Tires
NEW RCV High Strength Front Axles
NEW Wheel Bearings on all 4 corners
NEW All Seals on both Front and Rear Axles
NEW Toyota Brake Pads and Rotors
NEW OME Heavy J Springs
NEW OME L Shocks
NEW OME Steering Stabilizer
NEW Slee Sway Bar Drop Blocks
NEW Slee Extended Stainless Steel Brake Lines
NEW ABS Relocation Kit
NEW Part Time 4WD Kit
NEW Yukon 4.88 Gears Front and Rear
NEW Slee A/C Dryer Skid Plate
NEW Front 20mm Spring Spacers
NEW Lock Out Hubs
NEW Toyota Rear Driveshaft
NEW OME Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
NEW Center Diff Lock Switch
NEW Slee Light Switches
NEW Bump It Offroad Rear Bumper with Spare Tire Swingout
NEW Starter
NEW Rear Work Light
NEW High Lift Jack
NEW Weather Tech Floormats Front and Rear
NEW Seat Covers Front and Rear
NEW Alternator and A/C Belts
NEW All Tie Rod Ends (Toyota)
NEW Slee High Strength Tie Rod and Drag Link
NEW Front Windshield
NEW Air Filter
Everything works as it should including the antenna and D drive light on the dash. It still has the Lexus phone in the center console. The differentials were re-geared by Slee and after 500 miles the fluid was drained, checked and refilled. The transfer case has new fluid after the part-time 4wd kit was put in. I changed the transmission fluid and engine oil. The brake fluid was flushed when the new extended lines were put on. I had Slee Offroad check the front and rear differential lockers and everything is functioning properly. I installed the center diff lock switch. Now to put it into 4wd you lock in the front hubs and lock the center differential. When it is in 2wd it helps with gas mileage and acceleration, and the front end doesn't turn resulting in no wear. I took the front seats out and cleaned under them. While I had the seats out, I cleaned and conditioned the leather and then put seat covers on them. The middle row and back seats have been cleaned and conditioned also with the middle row getting seat covers. I am selling this vehicle because I don't really have time to use it for what it is built for, and no one in my family is really interested in it. I have never even taken it off road. I will include all of the receipts that I have and any extra parts, including the parts removed from the transfer case to make it part-time 4 wheel drive. I also have a shop manual that will come with it. The front springs are 850J and the rear springs are 863J with a 20 mm spacer on the front. The shocks are 60070L on the front and 60071L on the rear. This gives it a 4 1/4 inch lift in the front and a 5 inch lift in the rear. I also flushed and refilled the radiator. It has 2 sets of keys with the key fobs both working with new batteries. No check engine light. No rips or tears in the leather seats. All adjustments work on front seats. Comes with the original owners manual. The dash is perfect with no cracks.

The only key words I don’t see but knowing Slee were prob addressed:

PHH
FHH
Heater valve

The word I am glad not to see : RUST :hillbilly:

Beyond that, I’m not sure the seller understood the CDL switch, but small potatoes (tater tots really).

post pics!

IDK if "wise investment" is a term I would use, but it sounds like a nice truck. Price seems fair to me, but many on this site will claim it isn't worth more than 4K and a 12 pack of Natty Light.

Price seems fair to me, but many on this site will claim it isn't worth more than 4K and a 12 pack of Natty Light.

I’d bet it’s worth $4750 & a full case of Natty’s :cool:

~But to your point, 100% of why I didn’t even use that word.

After I posted I Saw Investment and knew I shoudl have said Purchase. Having had 6-large fishing boats nothing that is a toy should be called an investment. No rust, under carriage has some minor surface rust, but no dents or anything more thas just small surface rust. It was from Arizona originally and when he had it in Colorado he did not drive it in the winter.
Please educate me on the CDL
PHH
FHH
Heater Valve
I'll post a lot of pics when it shows up in 2-3 weeks.

IDK if "wise investment" is a term I would use, but it sounds like a nice truck. Price seems fair to me, but many on this site will claim it isn't worth more than 4K and a 12 pack of Natty Light.
"I got mah mint, locked '97 anniversary edition for $3k from the original owner. Looks like ya'll just don't know how to hunt for deals."

Somebody got bit by the overlanding bug. :D

Sounds like a nice cruiser. I'm still amazed at the prices compared to a few years ago. Should have kept my cruisers.
On my island there is some Overland routes. Mostly rock crawling and some surf spots only accessible by some epic 4-wheeling! There's a 3-day trail I did 20-years ago between two big mountains. Technical 4-wheeling

"I got mah mint, locked '97 anniversary edition for $3k from the original owner. Looks like ya'll just don't know how to hunt for deals."
How long ago? Also not many here that aren't trashed or rusted out. Also, don't have the luxury to drive to look at vehicles. Great deal you got!

Your probably gonna need mud flaps now to pass current safety inspection rules.

Somebody got bit by the overlanding bug. :D

Sounds like a nice cruiser. I'm still amazed at the prices compared to a few years ago. Should have kept my cruisers.
Yes they keep going up. There's a guy in Florida that is selling them at premium prices with far less modifications for a lot more money and people are paying them.

On my island there is some Overland routes. Mostly rock crawling and some surf spots only accessible by some epic 4-wheeling! There's a 3-day trail I did 20-years ago between two big mountains. Technical 4-wheeling

I was actually referring to the person that built it. You see a lot of that in Colorado. Watch a few commercials or youtube videos on epic overlanding, see some add's in hip magazines....buy a vehicle, slap a bunch of parts on it and decide you don't like it before you even go anywhere. :rofl: You get to buy a pre-built rig which is nice and does save you money. I imagine it's hard to find decent cruisers on the islands.

Totally jealous of Hawaii weather right now. 15 degrees, windy as heck and not enough snow to snowboard or anything like that. My friends moved to Honolulu a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom