For Sale 1996 LC high miles not sure how to sell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
It needs tlc over 345,000 miles and fair condition. Engine still sounds strong despite. Not sure at what price to list. Hubby said don’t invest anymore $. 4wd differential lock I never used. I’ve had it since 2005 but I now have a new used suv and we don’t need 3 vehicles. I’ll post some pics. Live in SoCal area. It leaks oil but were not fixing. It leaks coolant too but not out of the new radiator, Mechanic said it’s the “engine oil cooler”. Great for 4-wheeling or a remodel project for someone. Her name is Betsie. Any suggestions on what I should sell her for?

How do I post the pictures I just paid for the membership
@Sylvia3939
Can you take a picture of the build sticker on the left bottom side of the drivers door when you have a free moment. Thanks.
@Sylvia3939
Attach files button on bottom left or copy and paste where you reply. Hope this helps.
@Sylvia3939
Attach files button on bottom left or copy and paste where you reply. Hope this helps.
1585977794200.jpeg

1585977864804.jpeg

829FDCDE-EA93-4C9B-A876-67D2162266DA.jpeg

25B4C2F9-ECB6-4417-9F07-1BAFC4C7806C.jpeg

Maybe. Pictures will help us help you.
Exterior from each side, four corners, front, back, top, hood. The clear coat is probably peeling so show that. Windshield.
Open the hood and shoot photos from the front and each side.
Interior photos showing the condition of all of the seats, the carpet, steering wheel.
Photos of both axles, and the underside from both sides.
If you use your phone to post, you can just copy the photos from the photo app and paste them here. I think that's the easiest way to post photos here. You can on an iphone at least.
I have pictures but would be easier to text them

Good job. I’m still learning this site. More pictures please. Interior, engine and undercarriage. This is going to sell fast from what I’m seeing...Thanks for posting.

Good job. I’m still learning this site. More pictures please. Interior, engine and undercarriage. This is going to sell fast from what I’m seeing...Thanks for posting.
Me too having a little trouble navigating I have more pics.

C1F0F9F0-CB2D-4946-8C07-A7F8DB542DA5.jpeg

AF44C4FC-60AD-45A0-84D7-853DA932E244.jpeg

F0B58C60-0F25-481C-8674-93FC2ADE5CC7.jpeg

076CFC47-5AE1-4154-9BF8-E4880FC63F06.jpeg

E00F87FF-CCEE-4603-B2CD-8E8E87C9F2D7.jpeg

If they put it on a lift, maybe they’ll let you sneak in and take some pictures of the undercarriage. If not maybe the tech will? The forum is primarily looking for damage, rust and leaks. Do you by chance have the original wheels? Thanks.

Last edited:
If they put it on a lift, maybe they’ll let you sneak in and take some pictures of the undercarriage. If not maybe the tech will? The forum is primarily looking for damage, rust and leaks. Do you by chance have the original wheels? Thanks.
I do have the original tires and I did mention in my first post it leaked oil. I’ll ask the mechanic tomorrow if he can lift it up I don’t recall seeing a lifting mechanism.

Nice Rig Sylvia! CA, likely little rust or none, neutral and favorable color to a lot of buyers, the magic button! I paid $8500 for mine out of Walnut Creek Ca with 250K miles. Yours is maybe worth a little more than you think. Maybe 5k with your location and that magic button to the left of your steering wheel.

The K294 at the bottom of the build tag is what people are looking for. Since you’ve never used the locking differentials they will need to be serviced before they are used.

I would ask for 6 and see how it does.

Really you t
Nice Rig Sylvia! CA, likely little rust or none, neutral and favorable color to a lot of buyers, the magic button! I paid $8500 for mine out of Walnut Creek Ca with 250K miles. Yours is maybe worth a little more than you think. Maybe 5k with your location and that magic button to the left of your steering wheel.
Really you think so? That’s great to hear!

The K294 at the bottom of the build tag is what people are looking for. Since you’ve never used the locking differentials they will need to be serviced before they are used.

I would ask for 6 and see how it does.
Thank you! Ok I will ask for 6k

Your Land Cruiser is beautiful! Looks like mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom