1996 LC factory exhaust mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

About a year ago I made a regrettable decision to use a backyard builder to make a custom exhaust for my truck. All gory details of the failed install aside, I am left with a loud, hot, and rattley “custom” exhaust that I am trying to return back to factory state.

The crappy part is that the “builder” removed all factory brackets that are attached to the frame/undercarriage of the truck, replacing all mounting points with overextended rubber straps that are bolted directly into the frame and parts of the undercarriage.

Does anyone have a list of the factory mounting brackets with part numbers that I can reference to reorder a new exhaust with stock mounting points? I already have several rubber mounts that attach to the brackets, and the replacement cat back section itself - just need the brackets at this point.

Thanks in advance.

"Front" bracket is 17572-66040 is one number I found. Discontinued.

Toyota lists several but I can't find a diagram that shows which one is which:

17572-66050
17573-61060
17571-61211
17574-61080

Looks like all 4 would run you about $250-$300. I bet Jason at Cruiseryard can get you a set of nice ones for a lot less than that.

Last edited:
I also have a 1996 with missing exhaust mounts. Does anyone have a picture of where 17571-61211 mount goes? I got the part in hand and got under the car but no idea how it ties in
1601536002812.png
1601536063794.png

Yeah its buried up there. I had taken mine off and it was a PITA to get back on. If you look a the picture above, rotate to the right. That is how it fits on the truck. It points to the front and DS of the truck. The curved part fits on the exhaust pipe and is held there by a band. I'm using a hose clamp. i think its more for reducing vibration than support. I took off because the band fell off and the pipe was vibrating against it.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. The clamp number I couldn't find anywhere so I took the part off of an fzj100.

clamp: 90461-32031
bolt for the clamp: 91651-B0835

If I would of known it wasn't really a support piece I wouldn't have bothered. Since I have it in hand might as well throw it on. :doh:

I was under the impression the clap or band was part of the exhaust and not sold separately?

Also, I ended up having to slot the bracket and install the upper bolt prior to installing the bracket if that make senses.

Also, I ended up having to slot the bracket and install the upper bolt prior to installing the bracket if that make senses.

Maybe the clamp comes with the factory y pipe? It was too pricy and I ended up with the magnaflow, so I can't be certain.

I believe that's what Beno told me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom