For Sale 1996 FZJ80 Triple Locked, Built and Babied $27,500 obo (Eastern KS) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
It’s time to think about what to do with my Cruiser when the new Rivian arrives next month.

I’ve debated keeping her and may still but feel that I just won’t drive it enough to keep the mechanicals moving and it’s just in too nice of condition to be a full time wheeler (not that I have time to wheel these days anyway). I thought I’d see if anyone here was interested here before I started the BAT, etc process. Understand this is a premium price point for a rig of this age but she’s a special girl and I feel this is a good deal to the right buyer.

The Great
1996 FZJ80 Factory Triple Locked, white paint In great shape. It’s kind of nuts how well the paint holds up on these Things. Tan interior also in fantastic shape.
~200k miles. Mechanically everything is great, no leaks no runs no errors. Starts every time. Maintenance at Toyota dealership for my and the PO’s entire ownership (since about 2000) and any issues are immediately addressed
dobinson comfort coils, C59-234 in the front and C59-269v in the rear. (Added last year)
Clean undercarriage at least for the Midwest (spent much of its life in southern CA)
Dobinson 2” coils (~1 month old)
Slee Front Bumper (added last year)
White Knuckle sliders (added last year, never touched a rock)
4x4Labs rear bumper with dual swing outs (also added last year)
Method wheels x5
BFG KO2s x 5
Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX Stereo
New speakers all around

The Less Great
Painted the front grill. If you get in there you’ll notice it’s time to repaint. If I put it on BAT I’ll do that/have it done by someone that can do it better than I did.
There’s a dent in the front right bumper area, no idea how it got there and can barely see it with the slee on but it’s there

I’ll add more photos and a walk around video this week but here are some photos to get started.

2495AAD1-6AAC-4792-A62B-864E57D79B41.jpeg

A5A4E707-A5CC-409D-A575-C0E11A8DE15A.jpeg

FE665C15-AD7F-4B39-A679-B749AE24A417.jpeg

Video walk arounds here:

Last edited:
wow that paint is nice! good luck with the sell. Seems like a reasonable price to me. I've seen similar go for 10k more on bring a trailer

Still plan on adding any additional photos?

Forgot about this one, still for sale?

If yes, more pix please!

Nice Cruiser.... What radio antenna is that and how well does it work for reception? I ripped my electric antenna and motor out... and prefer the non-electric option anyway....

GLWS....

Sorry fellas work and kid stuff has been nuts, should have waited to post this. I’ll wash her and get a video made this weekend and try to get through the dms

Antenna: Amazon product ASIN B07BB5YKDN
It works well but I mostly stream so can’t guarantee great FM (its good enough the few times I’ve used it).

As far as keeping vs selling, I decided to delay the Rivian when they called me in Dec for my first delivery date but they’ve come back to me now so I’ve got a decision to make.

Bonus for my long term indecisioning: I switched out the OME coils for Dobinsons and it was really the best upgrade I’ve made in years of owning different LCs. It really rides great.

Here are some quick videos, glad to go into detail wherever but she’s purty, purty clean.

Note: the driveway spots are windshield fluid as I rinsed her off at the carwash this morning and cleaned the windshield. Also I have the ’3 can’ rack for the 4x4 labs (fits where the license plate is. I’ve put it on in the summer and taken it off in the winter just because it’s harder for the kids to walk around in the garage. Any other questions glad to help!
7316C977-14E3-4520-8551-6A5ED38261BE.jpeg

For Videos click here:

Last edited:
Also, I pulled the roof rack planning to go the bowfin route. Prob should have waited… Filled with silicone, rubber washers and bolts for now but I will get those filled and painted if i keep or do the BAT route.

60DB405B-2516-4725-AD84-62B5576B0859.jpeg

Pictures of the frame?
I went under there in the video but can try and get some additional shots if you need them. PO had her in California most of her life so it’s significantly better than a northern rig though not perfect.

Hello, do you have a carfax report or a phot of the vin on the door. Also would you be open to a pre purchase inspection, of course at my cost. And also is the price the same since original post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom