- Jun 11, 2003
- Vehicle Model
- 80 Series
- 19382 West Chester Pennsylvania, United States
Reluctantly selling my 2-owner cruiser that I’ve owned for 17 years. I purchased this as a one-owner trade-in back in 2003 w/70,000 miles at local Toyota Dealer. This vehicle was purchased new at Larry Miller Toyota in Utah then registered in Pennsylvania by the original owner, before being traded into local dealership. I used this truck as a daily driver for 10 years before purchasing another vehicle, then using the cruiser only occasionally and for long trips and fun. Always cleaned and stored in dry garage since then. Current ~190k miles.
I've cared for this truck as a family member with love and devotion. Professional service doesn't alway mean done with care. This vehicle has been pampered through my ownership and never touched by a mechanic I didn't know and personally trust. I worked myself as a mechanic in college and grad school and performed almost everything myself over my nearly two decades of ownership. Only looking to sell as the truck no longer fits my lifestyle.
- Exterior Color: Rare Two-Tone Green/Gray
- Interior: Gray Leather also rare
- Front, Center, Rear Differential Locks
- Moon Roof, Power Windows, Power Locks etc.
- ARB Front Bumper painted Toyota Graphite Gray
- 4x4 Labs Rear Bumper powder coated Toyota Graphite Gray w/integrated receiver hitch
- 4x4 Labs Rear Tire Carrier swing out
- Aluminum Roof Rack
- Old Man Emu 3” Coil Spring Lift – 850s in front, 860s in rear
- Bilstein shocks up front, Old Man Emu in rear, Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
- Dobinson Castor Correction Bushings
- Center Diff Lock Switch w/Pin 7 modification
- Toyota Hand Throttle/Idle Control
- Dual Battery Setup w/Toyota battery tray - automatic charging and isolation w/marine transfer switch for emergency jump starting
- Double Din Eclipse Head Unit w/DVD & Navigation
- Pioneer Speakers
- BFG 285/75 R16 All-Terrain Tires – no dry rot, tons of tread but rubber is getting hard
- Custom carpeted Wooden Storage Box
- Interior vertical spare tire carrier
- Full set of Husky Floor Mats & Rear Cargo Mat
- Wired for Roof Lights x2 w/relays and dash switch
- Wired for aux rear light
- Wired for driving lights
- Extra Power outlet installed in rear cargo area
- Differential and Transfer Case breathers have been extended to engine bay w/filters
- Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate
- Full Magna Flow Exhaust including Cats and Headers
- I’ve maintained this vehicle since purchase (former mechanic) doing everything needed plus tons of preventative maintenance…
- Front Axle Seals Replaced
- Birfs serviced
- New Wheel Bearings
- Rear Axle Seals Replaced
- Differentials & Transfer Case fluids changed every 30k w/Amsoil
- Transmission fluid full exchange/transfusion to Amsoil
- Recent Brakes, Pads (100 series in front), Rotors, Calipers
- Complete new set of oem hard brake lines
- Stainless steel Slee Offroad flexible brake lines
- Coolant swapped every 2 years - Toyota Red Only
- Full heater hose replacement (pesky heater hose swapped to silicone)
- Distributor Cap, Rotor, sparkplugs changed every 30k
- Alternator replaced
- Full new exhaust system, headers, cats, muffler & tail pipe – all Magnaflow
- New A/C condensor & dryer
- Valve Cover Gasket Replaced & Valve Clearances checked (all perfect spec)
- EGR Emissions system serviced & refreshed - no codes!
- Power Steering Fluid Flushed w/synthetic Amsoil ATF
- Brake Fluid flushed
- All new Toyota suspension bushings!! ($4k value)
- New Tie-Rods Ends
- Recent Alignment (after full bushing swap)
- Sunroof drains always kept clean
- Updated Blue Fan Clutch installed
- New idler pulleys and fan belts
- Starts instantly even after sitting for months at a time
- Brand New Battery 12/19
- The body is in great shape overall with only a few minor dents and scratches as to be expected with a 24 year old well-loved 4x4 vehicle. Body is clean and paint is good with no clear coat issues.
- The problematic factory roof rack was removed and holes welded up, sealed and painted with bed liner to protect the roof by professional body shop.
- The frame is straight and clean. Any rust is removed as it appears and painted, no undercoating for ease of service. POR 15 was used early on in my ownership and has performed well, keeping the frame nice and clean.
- There is virtually no rust on this truck, with two exceptions; 1) a small spot on the front of the hood approximately ¾”x3” and 2) a portion of the rear driver’s side rocker panel has some rust through the outer rocker. I believe this isolated area is a carryover from an undocumented sub-par repair done by the previous owner. I say this because the driver’s side rear door is a DOT-R. There was likely some sort of undocumented accident that involved repairing this rocker panel and the repair failed over time. All other panels are clean, rust free and original. I have a full replacement rocker panel that will fix this issue. Just needs to be cut out and welded in by body professional.
The interior of this truck is super clean. There are no off smells, zero grime factor and it has never been smoked in. The original leather is in great shape. There is a small wear spot on the outer bolster of the driver’s seat, otherwise, the leather is a bit hard after 24 years but is super clean and in excellent shape for all three rows of seats. The headliner has a few marks on it but is in nice shape as well.
Original carpet is in great shape as well, with no stains, smells or mildew. A full set of Husky floor mats have been used since I purchased this truck.
- Trip Odometer Gear is stripped and thus doesn’t work. I’ve searched for a fix but alas have come up empty short of replacing the entire instrument cluster which doesn’t make sense to me.
- Rocker Panel issue described in Exterior Section – new panel provided
- Small spot on hood described in Exterior Section
- Rear floor heater has been bypassed. Heater works but lines need to be replaced if that is desired and they are difficult to get to as they are above the exhaust heat shield.
- BFG Tires are very chunky with only several thousand miles on them and have no dry rot, but they may be 8 or 9 years old now and the rubber is getting hard so the ride quality is slightly affected by this.
I have a huge binder with records of virtually everything purchased for this vehicle over the years and maintenance records since my purchase. I am very torn on selling this truck and will surely regret it someday, but having driven less than 2,000 miles in the last 4 or 5 years its time for a new chapter.
The truck is insured with ERIE with a replacement value of $20k.
Asking $16K as is which is fair for a fully locked 80 in great shape with maintenance history, preventive maintenance done and light mods.
Serious buyers only please.
Truck is located in Southeastern Pennsylvania zip code 19382.