1996 Fzj80 Replaced old exhaust system with Pacemaker headers and King Brown exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall, as the title says I’m getting everything replaced today. Should have it back later today and will share more photos. I spent months researching, reading everything on here and watching youtube lol. Im curious if anyone else has them? Or what your thoughts are on going with this setup.
Excited to see how it turns out, and to let yall know. Ok, brb. ✌🏼

IMG_8131.jpeg

IMG_8447.jpeg

***UPDATED***

IMG_8465.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey yall, as the title says I’m getting everything replaced today. Should have it back later today and will share more photos. I spent months researching, reading everything on here and watching youtube lol. Im curious if anyone else has them? Or what your thoughts are on going with this setup.
Excited to see how it turns out, and to let yall know. Ok, brb. ✌🏼

View attachment 3360456

View attachment 3360457
***UPDATED***

View attachment 3362057

View attachment 3362058

View attachment 3362059

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8461.jpeg

IMG_8460.jpeg

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_8458.jpeg

I just ordered the Pacemaker header with the 100/105 downpipe that goes inside the frame rails. I'd love to hear a clip of your setup and get any feedback on how the rig feels after installing it.
Hm ive never posted a video…i have a clip but im not sure how?

Nice, that's not too loud at all. Notice any power changes after getting it installed?
Yes I def feel it. Once I get over about 25 and rpms are above 2200. Also when speeding up, heading onto the freeway it def has a nice pull. I wouldnt say its major hp added but Ive read someone post that they dyno tested and it was several or more hp. Im pretty sure it was ACC garage in Atlanta.
I also had to do one full drive cycle after install. That part was super quick and easy.

I wanted this set up when my exhaust needed replaced but I could communicate or coordinate ordering directly or with any retailer at that time. I now wish I had had more patience ha. How does she sound in person ?

I wanted this set up when my exhaust needed replaced but I could communicate or coordinate ordering directly or with any retailer at that time. I now wish I had had more patience ha. How does she sound in person ?
Where are you located? You can buy from Pacemaker directly, bestmufflers.com (that's where I ordered mine) and a couple other places. Pacemaker and bestmufflers both ship to the USA.

Last edited:
Yes I def feel it. Once I get over about 25 and rpms are above 2200. Also when speeding up, heading onto the freeway it def has a nice pull. I wouldnt say its major hp added but Ive read someone post that they dyno tested and it was several or more hp. Im pretty sure it was ACC garage in Atlanta.
I also had to do one full drive cycle after install. That part was super quick and easy.
Awesome. I found that post. They said 17hp with the header + exhaust without any cats. I didn't see any dyno sheets, but 17hp sounds about right. I'll know for sure when I get my rig dyno'd before and after.

I've got Pacemaker headers and KB exhaust fitted up to my 80 with a 1hz and they are a very good design and fit. Better IMHO than Genie headers.

I like the 1hz (even though there are many diesel fanboys and gridgirls who think n/a diesels are for pussies) and would continue using Pacemaker's headers, etc. if I replace the almost 700 k km original 1hz with another.

Last edited:
Yea it def takes a minute to get the order but it was just because its overseas, other than that once i was emailing them that was super efficient and quick! In person it all sounds great, nice purr from cold start and then rips at a good medium note after warmed up. Once u get going even higher rpm its not offensive lol

Awesome. I found that post. They said 17hp with the header + exhaust without any cats. I didn't see any dyno sheets, but 17hp sounds about right. I'll know for sure when I get my rig dyno'd before and after.
Sweeeeeet

Where are you located? You can buy from Pacemaker directly, bestmufflers.com (that's where I ordered mine) and a couple other places. Pacemaker and bestmufflers both ship to the USA.
I got mine from performance mufflers and spoke directly to David Stevenson. He was super helpful

id love to see your before and after too, dyno, vids, pics, all the good stuff😎💪🏼 ill stay tuned

I've got Pacemaker headers and KB exhaust fitted up to my 80 with a 1hz and they are a very good design and fit. Better IMHO than Genie headers.

I like the 1hz (even though there are many diesel fanboys and gridgirls who think n/a diesels are for pussies) and would continue using Pacemaker's headers, etc. if I replace the almost 700 k km original 1hz with another.
Awesome, can you post up a vid or pics of your rig too? I cant find enough vids or others with the pacemaker set up, need more lol

id love to see your before and after too, dyno, vids, pics, all the good stuff😎💪🏼 ill stay tuned
For sure. I'm going to use a Magnaflow 12286 muffler. It's the longest 2.5" muffler they have that will fit (from what I can tell). I got a corvette exhaust complete with cats for $50, so I'll be using that piping (all mandrel bent) and v-bands for clamps.

Awesome, can you post up a vid or pics of your rig too? I cant find enough vids or others with the pacemaker set up, need more lol

I second this. We need more clips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom