1996 fzj80 LS1 swap completed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RockJock82

Sometimes you have to kick a little A$$
Threads
Here are a few photos of the v8 conversion I had just completed. I have the build in the tech section. Thought Id share :D:beer: Who is NEXT??

swap 7.jpg

swap 10.jpg

swap 11.jpg

Ive been following the tech thread on this. Very impressive!

Can you post or PM me what the cost for a similar 6.0 would be to install? What kind of time frame would you need?

Several clients have inquired about options like this in the past.

Thanks

Looks good. Since the stock FZJ 80 cooling system is about maxed out in the summertime here, what have you had to do to make these able to wheel in the heat of July and August? John

Here are a few photos of the v8 conversion I had just completed. I have the build in the tech section. Thought Id share :D:beer: Who is NEXT??

Will you link the thread here? Can't find it. My buddy just bought an LS3 for $8k, seeing it sitting there gives me ideas...

image-3412086698.jpg

Nice work! I had to go get a napkin to wipe the drool off before I could finish the thread though...

Will you link the thread here? Can't find it. My buddy just bought an LS3 for $8k, seeing it sitting there gives me ideas...

Nice motor! Personally I would do away with the drive by wire and go with drive by cable less stuff to fail. Plus it would really suck to break a module on the trail and be Sol.. Thank for the feedback guys. The next one I do I'll post the build here on CSC

Ive been following the tech thread on this. Very impressive!

Can you post or PM me what the cost for a similar 6.0 would be to install? What kind of time frame would you need?

Several clients have inquired about options like this in the past.

Thanks

I'll shoot you a PM. Maybe I should drive up to one of the Phx meets and show mine off :D.. Thanks!

Anyone that drives one of Rockjocks V8 Cruisers wont want their 4.5 no more:) Thing drives smooth as glass and power is awesome . I have seen two of his swaps now and the quality of his work is first rate..things look like they came with a genIII from Toyota:beer:

Anyone that drives one of Rockjocks V8 Cruisers wont want their 4.5 no more:) Thing drives smooth as glass and power is awesome . I have seen two of his swaps now and the quality of his work is first rate..things look like they came with a genIII from Toyota:beer:

Yeah, I bet you get a s***ty grin on your face when you step on the go pedal.

Thanks Robert! Glad we didn't get pulled over :D

RockJock82, nice work! My friend owns Dirty Dingo, I read through the linked thread and saw that you used his mounts for the swap, which one did you use?

RockJock82, nice work! My friend owns Dirty Dingo, I read through the linked thread and saw that you used his mounts for the swap, which one did you use?

Oh cool get me a deal in them! I use the Ls street rod amounts

I'll shoot you a PM. Maybe I should drive up to one of the Phx meets and show mine off :D.. Thanks!

Awesome, would love to meet the artist and get a first had look at your work! Of course it may be necessary to rope off the vehicle and have 3 or 4 armed guards watching over it!

If you do come up please give us some advanced warning as some members (like me) would want to make sure they are there! :D

Awesome, would love to meet the artist and get a first had look at your work! Of course it may be necessary to rope off the vehicle and have 3 or 4 armed guards watching over it!

If you do come up please give us some advanced warning as some members (like me) would want to make sure they are there! :D

I will try to make it up sometime in Oct. It would be great to meet some of the Phx folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom