1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser Losing Power on hills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The car blew a hose and overheated. Replaced the hose and radiator fluid but the car now has lack of power. The muffler is making a weird sound at high RPMS and burning smell so I am thinking the CAT is clogged on 1996 Toyota Landcruiser. Any suggestions. Added additives to fuel to cleat cat and gas. Cleaned Mass Air Flower sensor, reset battery and check engine light the car has trouble getting above 60 mph unless down hill. Seems to work well with high RPMS above 2500. Low RPMS not good gas needs to be feathered to get up to speed. I need to check what code I am getting after reset but the check engine light was always on because of emissions?

The car blew a hose and overheated. Replaced the hose and radiator fluid but the car now has lack of power. The muffler is making a weird sound at high RPMS and burning smell so I am thinking the CAT is clogged on 1996 Toyota Landcruiser. Any suggestions. Added additives to fuel to cleat cat and gas. Cleaned Mass Air Flower sensor, reset battery and check engine light the car has trouble getting above 60 mph unless down hill. Seems to work well with high RPMS above 2500. Low RPMS not good gas needs to be feathered to get up to speed. I need to check what code I am getting after reset but the check engine light was always on because of emissions?
High risk of head gasket with a blown hose, overheated, and lack of power.

Additives are evil. They cut loose stuff that clogs other things and cause issues.

Cleaning the MAF - how? Could have seriously screwed it up doing this. This is not generally a requirement on this platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom