For Sale 1996 FZJ80 in Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh yes, the SAGA continues. This is the same vehicle I was selling before with a blown HG. My plan was to fly back to Cincy, fix the HG, and drive it back to Cali. I fixed the HG but didn't drive it back to Cali for multiple reasons (mainly being convinced it doesn't make economic sense to do so). Long story short, I am trying to get rid of it.

Let me know what is a fair price for this guy. The community has been great. I really can't believe I am going to get rid of this after fixing the HG. $7000

The Good:
-Interior is spiffy
-190K Miles
-You don't have to worry about the HG, it has been replaced!
-Replaced Catalytic Converter approx 10k miles ago
-Rebuilt Front Axle about 30k miles ago
-New Rotors and Front calipers, within 25k miles ago.
-I believe the AC has become discharged
-TJM Bullbar
-Locking Differentials that work with no hesitation
-Replaced Radiator approx 10k miles ago
-Replaced PHH, just now
-Religiously replaced oil every 3k with that synthetic blend
-Replaced Head Unit (see pics)
-One of the rear o2 sensors were recently replaced, I don't remember which one off hand.
-ABS Light on, sensors need to be pulled and cleaned
-MAF sensor clip broken (holding on with zip tie)
-#4 Injector clip broken (it just occurred to me this loose plug is the cause of the misfire)
-Leather seats cleaned
-A few pinstripes
-Koyo Ventures, a bunch of tread left (didn't get many chances to take it offroad)
-2" lift (sitting in a box, not installed)
-Blue castor correction bushings (not installed sitting in a box)
-Extended Breather Tubes
-Resistor Mod for Linear Temp Gauge
-New Spark Plugs
-New Disti
-Gas fumes from hood area
-New Wires in Box
-New belts for alt in box
-New PCV and that other hose that goes to valve cover (in box)
-New Alternator Brushing

The Bad:
My brother has been driving it around and it has the following two problems which make me weary to ship it to myself in cali. #4 cylinder misfire, and p0401. The #4 cylinder misfire doesn't seem like a big issue to me (probably just need to check the harness) and p0401 isn't a problem in non smogging states (but will be a prob in Cali so I am not going to bring it back with me). I just don't have the time to spend a month chasing the EGR problem while not being able to get it registered here.

Edit and Update:
LH13.jpg

The cylinder doesn't seem to be misfiring anymore, looks to have been a bad spark plug wire.
ABS light is one, this happened to me once before and I had to pull and clean the ABS sensor, was pretty easy not sure if it's the same issue.
The threads on the plastic screw cap for the worm gear that controls the seat adjustment has worn threads so it pops out when you adjust the seat. You'll need to buy new caps or glue them in place if you want to adjust the seat reliably
The handle for the back latch is broken, just the plastic part
You can see some surface rust down under
Yes, I've only driven it about 12k miles in 6 years. It became a car that I would drive once every other week on Sunday. I know, a waste of money just sitting in the driveway but I use to be crazy about this vehicle which made it difficult to come to terms about getting rid of it
Birfield (sp?) joints aren't leaking

Pics

LH14.jpg

LH15.jpg

LH16.jpg

LH17.jpg

LH18.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I might be interested in this. Let me know where it is and I can come look it over.

What are the compression numbers looking like after the HG?

Don't know the numbers.

It is right off the medical school campus in Clifton. I'll pm you an addy and phone number.

Yup, I'm in Norwood just a few miles away.

Maybe the world's biggest bump, looking at offers for a fair price

What is the status now and where is it located? Mileage, pictures, maintenance

So the bump is from 2012, lots has changed so how about an update?

Oh weird, I'll take some new photos and update the post. Sorry about that

Alrighty, trying this again. I'm not really responsive on this forum but i'll try to DM you with my phone number so we can text or talk

Definitely looking for some feedback on the posting as well, for instance if the price is fair. Also not sure if keeping the original post date is confusing people

Start a new thread. I think most of us have no idea what you are selling and the current status of your truck. Include lots of pictures (interior, exterior, undercarriage) and a list of service work/mods done during your ownership and approximate date/mileage that work was performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom