For Sale 1996 FZj80 ARB rear locked Tusc. AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(37, 93, 2)
UPDATED PRICE
1996 FZJ80 Rear ARB Locked
$19,500
170,xxx miles on the ticker
Not listed in mods:
Fresh wrapped leather steering wheel from Craft Customs installed 12-1-21
New windshield as of 1-27-23

Replaced as preventative maintenance for the new buyer within the last 100 miles;
New Distributor
All new window motors in all 4 doors
New interstate battery
New Starter
New Water Pump
New front window runs
New Windshield

Trucks is loaded with aftermarket parts and new OEM parts from Wits End, Cruiser Heaven, Cruiser Phil, and Cruiser Outfitters.
New fluids/baseline performed 5 years ago when I purchased the vehicle along with all new pads/rotors, heater hoses and heater valve. All parts/fluids have roughly 20.5k miles on them.
Regular oil and filter changes changes
I’m keeping the fridge, recovery boards and RotoPax.

All in all the truck runs like a top, is as mechanically sound as an FZJ80 can be, but needs some minor cosmetic attention. These cons are listed below the mods list.

Mods List:
Blue Hub fan clutch from Wits End
ARB dual air compressor
Weather Tech mats
Pioneer Double DIN
315/75/16 KM3 tires
4x4 Labs Rear Bumper w/dual swing outs
Smittybilt wireless Winch 10.5k H20
3/8” Synthetic Winch rope & fairlead
Wits End Rear QPM
Blue Sea components on QPM
Custom Front Bumper
Exhaust over frame w/magnaflow cat
1” Urethane Body lift
OME Coils
Photoman Alternator Bracket Kit
150 Amp Sequoia Alternator
Cruiser Phil Emu Wing Window
Rotopax
Uniden CB radio and firestik
Wagongear factory CB/FM mount
Land Cruiser Heaven Leather
Outer Window belt moulding
Aux fan wired into OEM auto temp switch
Icon Shocks with CDCV adjustable res
Wits End Castor correction plates
Plugs, Wires, ALL OEM heater hoses
Wits End EGR “keychain” plates
Huddexpo EGR “test” plug
MOOG u joints
Steer Shaft firewall gasket
Amazon Fridge
Wits End Extended Stainless Brake lines
Aluminum Sway bar extension blocks
LCP sway bar disconnects
Rad Rubber Fender Liners

HERE ARE THE CONS

*Cruise control works when it wants. From what I’ve read the cruise cable needs adjusting.

*The airbag light stays on (blinks a 5-2 pattern if I remember correctly?), I’ve tried the reset procedure once to no avail, you might have better luck.

*Front seats are 3 years old leather from Cruiser Heaven and look great overall. The driver side bottom leather was cut too big around the seat switch and looks like poop (My fault, it’s harder than it looks), and the passenger side seat back has 4 holes cut in it where it mounts to the seat frame (a friend thought a trim piece covered that).

*Truck has been buffed and looks great overall, but the hood clear coat is flaking

*Truck needs an alignment. Tires are wearing evenly but I replaced the TREs and the shop didn’t get the steering box and tires aligned correctly so it pulls ever so slightly to the left.

*Needs new vents registers.

*Could use new headlights. Inside housing are busted and can’t be adjusted. LED high beams are great, low beams not so much.

*The rear heater works but Is bypassed

*The EGR is deleted (I still have all the parts if you need to re install)

*Factory cats were replaced with a single magnaflow because they were clogged. Might effect you guys in strict SMOG state.

Located in Tuscaloosa Alabama.

2C1DEC6B-28AE-43B7-9FDB-50946C1A54F0.jpeg

337BABC7-126F-4A3A-94CD-83BE4F3E9C28.jpeg

24E3C05A-4082-4622-A6D6-5927DF2A6A30.jpeg

EA8D30DD-D166-4CBE-B348-1756EC65741F.jpeg

1664CFA6-A893-4AA9-BE91-904BD29D5F56.jpeg

Last edited:
New distributor and battery installed today, window motors were installed last week.

Last edited:
Bump, price reduced. Someone make an offer, worst I can say is no. Life changes are happening and I need to clear up the driveway

Dang. I am trying my best to not buy an 80 and I stumble upon this in my town! Didn't realize you were selling!

Dang. I am trying my best to not buy an 80 and I stumble upon this in my town! Didn't realize you were selling!
Sounds like you for sure need to buy one!
Got a kiddo on the way, and a boat that needs towing. Needless to say I need something with a few more creature comforts. Let me know if you wanna come look at it

Bump. Lower price, updated listing.
In the next week or so I’m going to start replacing some parts with some of the cheaper parts I have laying around the house and do a minor part out to recoup some money

Example:
1.Swap adjustable Icons for Fox 2.0s
2.Swap Dual ARB compressor for Single ARB
3.Remove Wits End QPM and install a basic mount for the compressor
4. Remove LCP emu wing and reinstall sliding glass
5. Remove Scangauge II and wits end mount

I’ll lower the price a little but it wont be as good of a bargain for the buyer obviously.

Last edited:
Idk what the price was but at 19.5k I think this is a good buy.
Mine isn't as nice as yours and I would feel bad if I let it go for 19.

GLWS 👍
I think it’s just been buried because everyone seems to be selling.
I know if I had more time on my hands I would throw about $1,500 at the truck and sell it on BAT for a nice price.

Bump. Windshield has been properly replaced. It’s rained about 1-1.5 inches here in the past 24 hours and the corners of the windshield and floorboards are dry on both sides of the truck. Listing updated.
Will be replacing seat gears and power steering pump (has a little leak) this week. Will continue to bump the post with updates to the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom