For Sale 1996 FJ80 with TRD supercharger - North central Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD to Chris ! Thanks Mud!

Offering for sale our well-maintained 1996 Land Cruiser. I believe that we are the second owners, having purchased the vehicle on November 11, 1998 - over seventeen years of satisfied ownership.

182,1XX miles

No accidents, no stories, no disappointments.

In 2010, we had the TRD supercharger professionally installed, and it has operated flawlessly ever since. The addition of the supercharger transformed 'Cruiser, giving better everything, power, throttle response, even gas mileage (yes, I'm 76 and drive like a grandpa!).

This is, and has always been a Texas vehicle, so it is no rust bucket! When the leather on the front seats became cracked (as they all eventually do), I re-skinned the seats using the leather available from a well-known Mud member. Seat bottom foam was replaced with Toyota OEM foam. The interior is very, very nice.

All original paint, with no significant dents... a couple of minor hail dings, but nothing that detracts from the overall presentation of the vehicle.

The vehicle is equipped with a ScanGage There are NO CODES

The head gasket was done under extended warranty October, 1999.

No lockers
ARB front bar
KAYMAR rear bumper with double swing-outs
OME springs/shocks - no lift
Air bags on rear
MOBIL 1 last seventeen years - only Toyota oil filters

New front rotors installed January, 2007 (receipt)

Front knuckle bearings & seals, complete front diff service, replace front axle seals, service Birfields November, 2009 (receipt)

All new belts and hoses January, 2010 (receipt)

Fuel filter and PHH replaced January, 2010 (receipt)

Replaced all brake flex hoses February, 2010 (receipt)

Transmission serviced March, 2010 (receipt)

TRD supercharger installed April, 2010 (receipt)

New starter May, 2011 (receipt)

New front brake calipers and pads April, 2010 (receipt)

Serviced rear axle bearings May, 2010 (receipt)

New genuine Toyota radiator, thermostat, and water pump June, 2010 (receipt)

Complete reworking of troublesome EGR system, new Toyota parts, eliminated the 'P401' nuisance.

Injectors professionally cleaned

New plug wires, cap and rotor

New accelerator cable

Rear heater bypassed. All the parts are still there, only the hoses have been re-routed to bypass the heater.

CB / Weather radio mounted between front seats.

Countless things that I can't remember

What's wrong: The 'D' light is out (aren't they all?), the fore and aft switches for the front seats seem to be sticky (probably from non-use). Sometimes the switches have to be moved several times before the seat moves. All other switches work right the first time. I really don't know of anything else... I would drive this 'Cruiser anywhere.

Reason for selling: We just bought an Airstream travel trailer and our wonderful member-of-the-family Land Cruiser surely would be stressed too much to tug this thing around. We are truly sorry about that.

$12,000

Thank you very much for your interest. Please contact me at pritchettr@charter.net
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
CIMG3757.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

Last edited:
nice rig - how many miles or did I miss it somewhere?

Nice rig! GLWS!

Pm sent

Very nice. Can you offer any information about what looks like oil in the pictures of the front end? I notices some residue on the front frame above the steering stabilizer. Thanks.

Well, I hadn't even noticed that, so I took my flashlight out to take a look. Yes, there is a bit of oily-stuff down there, and I don't think it's an issue (could be from sloppy, in-my-own-driveway oil changes). There is no evidence of seal leakage as there is NO oil slung around under the hood; not even down low where one would expect to see evidence of seal leaks. The vehicle uses virtually no oil, so, to me this appears a non-issue.

THanks,

Rob

Thanks Rob, she's got many nights in the wild in her future.

I think I need to update my signature line... the landcruiser addiction is real!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom