1996 80 Series Power Steering Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I've got a bit of an issue.

I've got a 1996 Land Cruiser, and recently the power steering has started leaking. This is the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened and the mechanic said last time that he doesn't know if he'll be able to weld it again. We're taking it in tomorrow to see.

Well I don't really have a lot of money, so where can I get a used Power Steering pump for pretty cheap? Or what are my other (Cheaper) options?

Probably welding up a leak at the power steering cooler lines? Right at the front under the bumper? Mine is leaking there right at the two or maybe just at one of the clips holding it on. Dead center of the cooler line. My power steering drains out within 3-4 days... :(

Do you have a hydraulic shop in your local area? They can make you some high pressure hydraulic hoses for a decent price. They won't be bent/molded to fit exactly like the OEM hard lines but will last a very long time at any rate, and can be installed just like any other hose.

You'll have to take your OEM hard lines with you so they can match up the fittings on each end, but in my experience the hyd shop(s) I work with will make Aeroquip high pressure p/s hoses for about $50 each.

If its a low-pressure leak..even better. Some oil rated hose and a couple stainless clamps. 10 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom