1996 80 series My gauge fuse keeps blowing in D??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 80 series that is new to me. It blows the gauge fuse when you accelerate fast. Ex. getting on the freeway, full throttle from a stop. It only will blow when in D not in L or 2. It starts to happens after everything has warmed up, trans/motor. Tried switching out the ECM. No luck. Could it be the shifting solenoids in the transmission?

Try check to make sure your VSS sensor on the transfer case is tight.

Yep the vss sensor in tight clean. The fuse only blows when the trans is in D and underload and not when in L or 2 with the same load....???.

The 10 amp GAUGE fuse feeds about 20 different low power circuits.
Since this only happens during hard acceleration, I would be looking for chaffed wires that move as the engine moves.
There are 2 main trouble spots that are well documented. The harness that passes the EGR pipe, and the harness that runs along the glovebox support.
There's also the trailer harness on the rear cross member, there's an ABS harness with a clip that breaks over time allowing the wires to rub on the front drive shaft, along with a host of other possibilities.

Always check the simple things first. I would be looking at wiring before rebuilding the transmission...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom