1996 80 series cruiser brake light mystery.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, 1996 80 series brake lights on continuously while lighting selector is in daytime running mode. But, when my selector is in off position, all lights are off.. when I step on the brakes I hear a relay click and my dash lights illuminate along with brake lights.. anyone experience something similar??
Iv check fuses, brake pedal switch and plastic contact piece.. could it be one of the relay boxes in the rear quarter panels perhaps?
Appreciate any advice or direction
Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Anytime you have any weird lighting and brake issue, the first thing to check is the tow harness adapter in the rear, passenger side quarter panel. If it's there, remove it, and see if the problem is fixed.

Hi all, 1996 80 series brake lights on continuously while lighting selector is in daytime running mode. But, when my selector is in off position, all lights are off.. when I step on the brakes I hear a relay click and my dash lights illuminate along with brake lights.. anyone experience something similar??
Iv check fuses, brake pedal switch and plastic contact piece.. could it be one of the relay boxes in the rear quarter panels perhaps?
Appreciate any advice or direction
Thanks in advance 👍🏻
Are any of the lights LED's?

How about your ground wires? Have you checked the (6) locations for grounding under the hood and at least one under the rear of the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom