Wanted 1996/1997 Land Cruiser FZJ80/LX450 White, lockers, low mile is ideal will pay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
  2. LX450
I am in the market for a relatively low mile (<150K), preferably white, preferably with lockers in good to great condition 1996/1997 Land Cruiser or Lexus LX450. Yeah, a little particular. I know what they are worth and I am willing to pay it but I want it to be pretty nice. My wife and I just broke down in our Defender 110 in the national forest in my 200TDI which, get this, broke the camshaft. WTF? She doesn't like my 1994 NAS D90 with the 6.2l LS3 since it has too much power (400+HP). It is the one in my avatar. So I am selling that because she gave me an ultimatum. Get something that won't break down. OK, that is a little unreasonable, but I have owned Toys in the past and they have been way more reliable than my Land Rovers so I know what I am after. Let me know if you know of one or have one and let's chat. No accidents. No rust. That is the biggest of all.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a relatively low mile (<150K), preferably white, preferably with lockers in good to great condition 1996/1997 Land Cruiser or Lexus LX450. Yeah, a little particular. I know what they are worth and I am willing to pay it but I want it to be pretty nice. My wife and I just broke down in our Defender 110 in the national forest in my 200TDI which, get this, broke the camshaft. WTF? She doesn't like my 1994 NAS D90 with the 6.2l LS3 since it has too much power (400+HP). It is the one in my avatar. So I am selling that because she gave me an ultimatum. Get something that won't break down. OK, that is a little unreasonable, but I have owned Toys in the past and they have been way more reliable than my Land Rovers so I know what I am after. Let me know if you know of one or have one and let's chat. No accidents. No rust. That is the biggest of all.
I have a 97 ce white with tan 140000 miles new285/70/17 Duratrac new Ome stock height springs new oem tockico shocks in excellent condition I may be putting up for sale if your interested 435-720-1882 Brett

I tried to PM you but it says your inbox is full.
I have a very nice white fzj 80.

Sorry about the inbox--I didn't know I was only allowed 5 conversations.

I got to try a somewhat low mile Series 80 and tow my off road trailer up the highway in CO---it was a right lane sort of experience. I am not sure if the 100K mile engine was worn or just the elevation (8000', steep freeway grade, 2000lb trailer) but it suffers from the same lack of power that my Defenders do. Is that typical? I do see a load of folks repowering their LC's of this era...

Sorry about the inbox--I didn't know I was only allowed 5 conversations.

I got to try a somewhat low mile Series 80 and tow my off road trailer up the highway in CO---it was a right lane sort of experience. I am not sure if the 100K mile engine was worn or just the elevation (8000', steep freeway grade, 2000lb trailer) but it suffers from the same lack of power that my Defenders do. Is that typical? I do see a load of folks repowering their LC's of this era...
Find one with the supercharger installed or install a turbo from Wits End. No matter what, the 80's aren't fast and they are very heavy. They are not the best at towing either. Maybe you should look for a 200 series with the 5.7 motor.

Are you still looking for a white 80 series? Would you be open to a 95, LS swapped, that tows amazing?

I am not, but I appreciate it. I actually have an LS D90, just not enough seats so I know the
LS and it’s a great engine (just not great mileage! So hard to keep your foot off the go pedal...). I decided to just repower the 110 with an R2.8 diesel as I prefer diesel. Thanks so much. I’ll get another LC, but not till I get back up and running.

A mostly southern rig on BaT...

334F1DAF-56F6-436D-B4AE-CF7FF5F82B11.jpeg

Selling lx 450. Owner past 20 years daily ...kit gloves....260000 black center lockers $ 18,000

Selling 97 lx450 Florida truck owner 20 years daily-kit gloves 260000\center diff black \ $19,000

expand...
Selling 97 lx450 owner 20 years -kit gloves \daily\Florida truck 260000\ center diff \blk $19,000

having had a 109 I cna relate to the RR challenges.... got my 80 on the market if you haven't found your rig yet...

Nope, not in the market. Matter of fact, about the end of March, I ordered a Cummins R2.8 to just convert my truck. Still waiting on the engine, lol. So funny how the prices of the LC just skyrocketed. Some of the prices folks tossed at me were frankly ridiculous. Not that I’m not willing to drop coin, but 6 figures for an unrestored LC with “just a little rust“ and 200k+ on the odometer… nah. Love them, but…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom