SOLD SOLD -1995 Toyota Landcruiser w/ 4BT Cummins 3.9L Turbo Diesel Conversion, Phoenix, AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someday when I can legally sell a kidney I will have one just like it. Very well put together from what I see. Great rig and huge build. Thanks for posting where we can all have a shot. Im in salmon Idaho and would love to see it in person if it's around and not to far.

Someday when I can legally sell a kidney I will have one just like it. Very well put together from what I see. Great rig and huge build. Thanks for posting where we can all have a shot. Im in salmon Idaho and would love to see it in person if it's around and not to far.

Thanks for the nice words. The vehicle is in Scottsdale, AZ.

FAQ: I've had some common questions asked, so here are the answers

Q: How loud is it, how insulated is the vehicle? A: There is a video on YouTube of the inside at idle with the door open, but it might be hard to compare relative volumes. I used 5 gallons of acoustic deadening from Second Skin, it's a spray/roll on polymer. I also added 4-5 gallons of a thermal block coating that has ceramic micro beads to keep the cabin temps insulated. Also by Second Skin, IIRC it's like $87/gal. These are through out the tub and doors. I then added silver backed fiber insulation where I could fit it, then installed a whole new Mass-backed Carpet kit throughout. I then replaced all the door and window seals that were old to help seal out the road noise. I'm pretty positive you won't find another 4BT swap that has gone to this effort for sound, as just this required over 120+ hours by me. No shop could ever justify the time needed. It is as quiet as you can ever get inside of a mechanical injection rig. That being said, I've owned a GX470 and LX450 and they are obviously quieter in stock form. Side benefit is that the cabin is also insulated very well. I also have a UV & Infrared blocking tint that reflects most heat from the glass ($700 for tint).

Q: I heard 4BTs vibrate a lot? A: As for vibrations, I added a silicone Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer and along with a slightly higher idle, it doesn't vibrate like most most 4bts.

Q: I heard 4BTs are slow? A: As for highway driving: it's certainly not a speed demon, but I've had it over 90mph with no vibrations. The turbo and gearing are really set-up do go 70-75mph or less, like most 4speed autos, its sweet spot is around 60MPH for max fuel efficiency. Given the weight of the vehicle, it is surprisingly fast. The turbo starts to pull around 5psi until 22psi max. I've driven an OEM turbo diesel 1990 1HDT 80 series and mine is significantly faster. You won't win any drag races, but it gets out of its way pretty well for highway on ramps. It has minimal turbo lag compared to an HX35, which is the OEM turbo for Cummins.

I'd urge you to come drive it, if you are interested. There isn't a good way to compare it to another Landcruiser, as there isn't anything else like it.

Last edited:
I have reinstalled the OEM seats and made it more family friendly. New pics coming soon with Price at $28k to reflect less specific gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom