1995 No Start Isuue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it’s running and idling at 650. I’ll attach a pic of the timing mark

83750ADF-807A-41EC-88DE-46F52967D1C7.jpeg

Well I guess next step is rip out this alarm and dial in the timing. Some how some way the timing is astronomically high, I have no clue how

When you check timing with the light you need to do the paperclip bypass on the plug. Look it up in the FSM.

Also, clean off your timing marker so you can read it.

Nice job on getting a pic of it at the moment of flash!

When you check timing with the light you need to do the paperclip bypass on the plug. Look it up in the FSM.

Also, clean off your timing marker so you can read it.

Nice job on getting a pic of it at the moment of flash!
Yea E1 and TE1, I made a jumper out of some 12awg and some fork connectors, it wouldn’t jump though. I’ve read the coating on some connectors won’t allow it to jump, I’m going to try raw copper wire. Thankfully my girlfriend got me a hard copy of the FSM for Christmas as well.

This timing mark was steady too oddly enough, it wasn’t bouncing around

Seems to be running good now, only issue is..... none of my windows including my sunroof will open, so I’m assuming master switch

I’ll do some research @jonheld @BILT4ME
Now check fuses.
Check every plug you've touched.

Have you power washed anything?

Now check fuses.
Check every plug you've touched.

Have you power washed anything?
Just now seeing this; I have the window relay bypass done, plug fell out. Made one with larger spade terminals and hooked it back up, works better than before now. All issues solved, on to fix some coolant leaks and wire up this ARB compressor for my locker/gear install on Tuesday

Just now seeing this...All issues solved, on to ... wire up this ARB compressor for my locker/gear install on Tuesday
Ohhhh. So close. Out of the pan into the fryer. 😝 jk
Congrats on working through your issues. It's very satisfying when it works out. 👍:steer:

Ohhhh. So close. Out of the pan into the fryer. 😝 jk
Congrats on working through your issues. It's very satisfying when it works out. 👍:steer:
It most definitely is, I just ate through a belt because my AC tensioner pulley wasn’t tight enough..... gotta figure out how much thread on that long bolt needs to be showing. Seems no matter how much I tighten it the pulley won’t spin, but maybe I’m just being too shy on tension

It most definitely is, I just ate through a belt because my AC tensioner pulley wasn’t tight enough..... gotta figure out how much thread on that long bolt needs to be showing. Seems no matter how much I tighten it the pulley won’t spin, but maybe I’m just being too shy on tension
Wuhl, ya got the right belt, man?
I have no idea. I have an AC compressor and it has a belt. It's tight. And I still have no AC. I'm not bothered by and large.
Does it get the belt get tight at all? If threads are moving, and it's not getting tight, something's amiss. Are the threads stripped, eh?

Wuhl, ya got the right belt, man?
I have no idea. I have an AC compressor and it has a belt. It's tight. And I still have no AC. I'm not bothered by and large.
Does it get the belt get tight at all? If threads are moving, and it's not getting tight, something's amiss. Are the threads stripped, eh?
Nope it’s all sorted now, I tightened the bolt on the front of the pulley too much. Good to go

side note: TJM locker solenoids fit right into the manifold on an ARB compressor, wiring very very easy, now I just have to extend the positive and negative leads to the battery and I’ll be golden for Tuesday’s cheater diff install

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom