1995 No start issue - doesn’t crank but has power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tone33

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 1995/1FZ and today after my daughter pulled into the drive, it wouldn't start back up. The truck is daily driven and it’s not given me any issues recently (or really ever). Wiring harness, etc is in pretty good condition far as I can tell. I have power to all accessories when I turn the key to on, turning the key to crank it does makes some clicks, but no crank. i replaced the AM1 fuse in engine box because it looked suspect, but same symptoms.

I put a new denso starter on a few months ago and it’s not given me any troubles. Tomorrow I’ll clean the mud off down there and check my grounds, and also inspect, and maybe replace my fusible link coming off battery positive wire.

I’m not an electronics guru but can follow instructions pretty well. How can/should I troubleshoot this?

i swear I did a search and found nothing, but right after I posted found the following helpful post. Seems to have the troubleshooting steps I’m looking for.

Definitely replace the fusible link first. Then check your NSS connection they can get corroded. At least it quit in your driveway. When my ignition coil went out I was in the middle of a farm field 100 miles from nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom