1995 Night Shadow Blue Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
greenbagtactical.com
Hello Mud!

I've been a long time lurker and finally got my hands on the rig I've been looking for. A night shadow pearl blue cruiser with grey interior. Truck does not have lockers, however it's not a big deal as this will be more of an overland general camping/DD vehicle. First steps will be to clean up the interior and make it more comfortable for the long hauls and daily drives. Then on to more Offroad ready mods. Currently has 218K on the clock, and has many pieces of the drivetrain rebuilt and serviced, so hoping it'll be ready for quite a few more miles. Truck came with an ARB bumper and Warn 9000lb winch and synthetic rope. Also has some 33" BFG AT tires. I was surprised with how quiet this thing is going down the highway. Much quieter than my lifted Subaru Outback which also has BFG AT tires.
IMG_2709.jpg
IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2711.jpg

Right out of the gate I wanted to get some beer sound and connectivity in the vehicle, so I wired up and installed a Sony XAV-AX3000 head unit. Already it makes driving much more enjoyable.
IMG_2690 2.jpg

I then wanted to make sure that I was keeping everything monitored so I installed an Ultraguage monitor. So far it was a super easy install and the monitoring functions are great.
IMG_2696 2.jpg

I ended up using the horizontal mount that I had ordered and was able to get it moved around so it would work in the vertical position. The windshield mount is pretty useless in these vehicles. It is much too long, using the unit out nearly parallel with the steering wheel. Opted for this location as I was not planning on putting anything else here and made for a simple routing of wires.

The color is awsome. I have a 95 same color but had to monstaliner it. My paint was shot and didn't wanna spend a ton on paint.

I like that truck alot! Clean wheels and no roof rack is the ticket!

I’ve got a 96 with that’s color. Don’t see many like it.

B8A958F1-2EF5-434A-B1DF-9670D5FA8E9D.jpeg

Official Nightshadow Pearl thread has begun.

Well did some speaker upgrade this weekend. And installed a USB port.
49829F19-794E-4444-8DBD-D379B8F0167A.jpeg
These have a 2” mounting depth. But I was able to use a boom mat sound cup to space them out.
35EB3560-6075-4A00-8CBE-5FFC00F3A715.jpeg
And they fit in the door with the factory grill and can hardly tell the difference except for a slightly larger gap where the door panel meets the door.
7141D149-BB52-4557-AC0A-09B278F66729.jpeg
I have the matching 4” set for the rear but I will have a shop install those as I do not have the tools to properly build the spacers. Over all sound is better, although I wish they had a little more base to them. They are only 5 1/4” speakers, but compared to my outbacks factory system there isn’t much bass. Could be a result of the rest of the speakers sounding like garbage. I will eventually get to the 3rd row ones when I dynomat the headliner, as they still operate with the factory amp disconnected.
171A41B3-61CD-447D-9FB3-EEFA5D6D3660.jpeg
Also installed a Blue Seas 4.8a usb in place of the factory cigarette lighter. Followed another members thread. Basically hand filed the hole just big enough to fit the new socket through and re-wired the positive and ground and put it all back.

Oh also ordered a full set of the Escape Gear seat covers in charcoal. As well as a full vinyl floor from TRU-FIT in Australia. Will update once those are in.

Recently installed a set of ls400 visors in the cruiser. Such an improvement over the stock floppy ones. Got a set off eBay. They did not come with the clips to hold them into the roof. So I ordered the spacers and clips made by solvefunction. Cut the wires off the old ones and hooked them up to the new visors. Plugged in and everything works! As others have mentioned though you have to unclip the visor and push in the rod to get the lights to come on.
7FA35723-9ED2-438F-B9A0-3C60F2BC4E69.jpeg

CC4965E8-EC65-41B7-BF65-5E5C26C4E3BD.jpeg

D049DA8A-E759-40F8-83B3-8F15EE32A912.jpeg

734F502F-5027-4725-95AF-C0A675ED94F2.jpeg

Oh also ordered a full set of the Escape Gear seat covers in charcoal. As well as a full vinyl floor from TRU-FIT in Australia. Will update once those are in.

Will be interested in how the vinyl flooring works out. The carpet replacement in mine is subpar to say the least and would love something higher quality. Not high on my priority list as kids will inevitably destroy the current carpet.

Added some Escape gear covers to the cruiser this weekend. They fit good and look rugged. I got the charcol ones. It’ll be a good fix until I redo the leather on all the seats. But with a new puppy I didn’t want to risk ruining new leather just yet. Puppy pic for reference. Over all these are great covers so far, but my god do they smell. I had them in my room for a few days and my girlfriend complained it smelled like a dead animal.

8197A61C-8066-40F2-BB7A-D0ECEAD74D06.jpeg

3D0843EB-0224-40D1-809C-51DEF2A528FB.jpeg

9BCBC2B7-1333-4116-9D16-1C5E7DDFA389.jpeg

Well it has begun!! Finally tore into the cruiser in prep for installing the sound deadening and vinyl floor. All I have left to do is drop the headliner.

Currently on the immediate list is:
-Second Skin Amplifier Pro every where
-Second Skin Overkill Pro
-Vinyl floor
-rewrap cloth covered pillars and headliner in similar color vinyl (to make it easier to clean)
-replace speakers in roof.

Is there anything someone should do or would be nice to do while everything is torn down this much? I have a room rack coming, and was thinking about running wires for lights while everything is apart. Also looking at rearview mirror upgrades to incorporate front and rear cameras. Any recommendations or suggestions would be great.
IMG_5426.JPG
IMG_5429.JPG
IMG_5431.jpg
IMG_5432.JPG

Lastly, I do not thing the factory security system works, and I was going to be installing a new one with an auto start. Can this box be unplugged with no adverse effects? Or is there some other means of disabling and removing the factory alarm system?
IMG_5435.JPG

Nice Score.

Love that color. In 20+ years of keeping my eye out for other Land Cruisers....I've only seen ONE (in real life).

I like the way it is set up too.

Roof Rack delete
Running Boards removed
Pintle Hitch
Front Mud Flaps
And best of all: TEXAS PLATES 👍

Nice Score.

Love that color. In 20+ years of keeping my eye out for other Land Cruisers....I've only seen ONE (in real life).

I like the way it is set up too.

Roof Rack delete
Running Boards removed
Pintle Hitch
Front Mud Flaps
And best of all: TEXAS PLATES 👍
Thanks mate!

Few changes though coming up. Was a factory no roof rack or rear wing, so nice and smooth. Have some running board sliders coming to help the shillren, ANNNDDD Alaska plates. Sorry to disapoint.

Thanks mate!

Few changes though coming up. Was a factory no roof rack or rear wing, so nice and smooth. Have some running board sliders coming to help the shillren, ANNNDDD Alaska plates. Sorry to disapoint.

Yeah, but TEXAS in your pics.

More pieces to the puzzle. Odd bits to help measure and cut both the sound deadening and the vinyl floor where needed. Floor has been boxed up since it arrived, this is my first time looking at it. Very stiff material. hoping it'll loose some of its folds from being boxed up, but it is molded to the floor shape. Maybe a little heat gun and velcro will help it stay in place.
IMG_5446.JPG
IMG_5447.JPG
IMG_5448.JPG

Well that escalated quickly. Hardest part will be remembering how it all goes back together!
Floor is nearly done with first layer of SecondSkin. Doors are done. I have the closed cell foam to do next, but I will use that in the roof before I put the headliner back up. Then it’ll be off to get rewrapped with vinyl. Née speakers in the roof while it’s out.
Ordered new weather barriers for doors, and thinking of ordering abs panels from AU. Anyone have these? I can’t stand the fiberboard ripping and breaking every time I take the panels off.
Also about to order the Delta Vehicles center console and shifter surround.
Idea is to have a very easy to clean, dirt proof interior.

EE9996A8-CDD4-419B-8C35-B75AEA351AA2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom