For Sale 1995 Land Cruiser, 165k mi, lockers, Warsaw IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am posting this for a good acquaintance of mine. Please direct all questions to the contact info at the end. Below is a write-up from the owner:

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser with 165K miles. Two owner vehicle with clean Carfax. It has been serviced well with records. Rare 4wd with front/rear differential locker. Original paint with only light scratches and tiny chips and no rust. Underneath looks great for a Midwest vehicle. Third row seating. All power locks and windows work. Remote start was added and worked well until Toyota replaced my starter and messed up the wiring. They wouldn’t fix it because it was not OEM. Remote manual is included so that it could be hooked back up.

Mechanically, everything is in good shape. Head gasket was replaced with OEM gasket 4 years ago. There was some pitting of the head in front of #1 but no pitting on fire ring area. No coolant leaks since. Power steering needs oil added 3 times per year. Engine uses about a quart every 5K. No smoke, no clicking joints and no weeping from seals. Driver’s seat base adjustment needs a new motor.

Take a look at the pictures and let me know if you have questions. Third row seats were not shown in pictures because they are in storage in great shape.

Vehicle is located in Warsaw, Indiana. Contact Bob South at bobsouth@comcast.net , mobile (574) 268-6231. Asking $9000 OBO.

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

Last edited:
Last few. Again, contact Bob South at the information provided above. I will not respond to any PM's about it, and I have no skin in the game.

Resized952017081895123227.jpg

Resized952017081895123344.jpg

Resized952017081895123429.jpg

Resized952017081895123554.jpg

Resized952017081895134942.jpg

No comments because the original poster is of no help. Sure, you could contact the seller, but I have yet to have a seller be truly honest about their vehicle's condition.

*No offense to those selling on Mud.

No comments because the original poster is of no help. Sure, you could contact the seller, but I have yet to have a seller be truly honest about their vehicle's condition.

*No offense to those selling on Mud.
I've met the owner and driven the truck. The body is in pretty good shape. There were multiple things that needed to be done. Alarm system was creating some gremlins. Front end needs to be gone through. Exhaust leak/ noise. CEL on. All drivetrain heavy rust. Little things broken and patched/ jery rigged; grill, heater blower enclosure. Needs tires. I estimated about 3-4k in parts to baseline + labor. In the end too high a price for the condition and the amount of work to bring to baseline in my opinion. Owner was very nice but stuck on an unrealistic price considering the market.

I went to have a look at this one a week ago. I found Bob to be an honest guy in regards to the condition of the truck, and found no surprises upon arrival.

CEL was for an O2 sensor (p0141 if I remember correctly). I performed a combustion leak test through the radiator and found no issues. I also kept on eye on engine temps while driving and found them to remain between 190-205 degrees.

Driveline rust was no worse than what can be seen in the photos IMO, though I did notice some heavier corrosion on the frame’s rear crossmember that may need to be addressed.

Overall at the updated price I think you’d be hard pressed to find another locked LC with this few miles. I’ve been going back and forth on buying this one, but just picked up a different ‘95 this morning so I’m no longer in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom