For Sale 1995 FZJ80 x3 locked with new engine and cloth interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
green
I don’t really want to sell it and I don’t need to sell it but if somebody wants to give me $55,000 for it I will sell it. 😆

The reason I would let it go (even for $55k) is because I have a 1995 HDJ80 I am building and the funds would really kick start that build.

I own a Land Cruiser specialty shop and this FZJ80 is my DD. All the work on the Cruiser has been performed by me. I have a massive file on the Cruiser with all parts receipts.

01/1995 FZJ80
6M1 - green
grey cloth interior
x3 locked
206,785 miles

This Cruiser originally came out of the Seattle area. As far as I know that is where it always lived. I got it about 3yrs ago, it sat for about the first year or so I owned it. It came to me with a bad engine which during tear down showed failed bottom end bearings. Everything I have done to the Cruiser has been done in the last year and 6,000 miles.

In February 2020 I decided to put it back on the road so I tore out the old engine, bought a new short block and started the build. I then bought a new bare head, cams and all valve related parts. I then built the new engine over last summer. I put the Cruiser back on the road September of 2020.

Like I say, it has a new engine not a rebuilt engine. I have dumped over $20k in parts into the engine alone. Rather than list all the parts I used how about I list what is not new in the engine bay. That would be intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor housing, upper and lower oil pans, the air box, IAC, MAF, throttle body and that is about it. Every other part in the engine bay is new including tons of OEM hardware. Not a single aftermarket part was used. This includes an OEM y-pipe and forward cat. New OEM wiring harness as well. It does have OTRAMM SS exhaust so I guess that is not an OEM part. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oh ya, it does have a Mean Green starter and alternator so those are not OEM. It also got ARP head studs so it’s ready for some boost. 😆

The engine has 6,000 miles on it now and has zero issues, zero leaks and runs like you would expect a new 1FZFE to run. Mobile1 full synthetic in it and only OEM filters used.

The front axle has been fully rebuilt. I put in new OEM 105 spindles when I rebuilt it and OEM drive flanges plus new lug studs.

Brakes fully rebuilt. It got DBA rotors and pads, remanned OEM calipers, SLEE SS brake lines, new OEM booster and master. Ebrake fully rebuilt including a new cable.

The steering is fully rebuilt. It got a RedHead box rebuild with 105 sector shaft. New tres and SLEE HD rods. An OME damper finishes it off. The column was rebuilt with new joints all the way to the rag joint in the drivers footwell. Fire wall column seal also replaced.

Suspension wise it got OME 861/862 coils and BP51 shocks. Dobinsons adjustable panhards. Sway bars rebuilt with OEM parts. Radius arms got OME caster bushes and new OEM bushes frame side. Caster is at 3.1*. Rear control arms got new OEM bushes. All new hardware in the suspension as well. I have added a 1” spacer to the rear because after adding some weight it sagged a little.

Fuel tank got drained, checked for rust/varnish (it’s perfect), new pump, new sending unit, new pickup screen, new fuel cap and new rubber fuel lines.

Tires are Yokohama M/T’s in the 315 variety, they have 2,000 miles on them at most. Wheels are stock but powder coated gun metal grey.

The Cruiser has White Knuckle sliders, a SLEE belly skid and a SLEE rear bumper. The stock under rad skid is a new OEM part.

Interior wise it has a Scangauge that I ran through the dash and located it at the bottom of the a-pillar. TuffDuck seat covers. JVC double din touch screen head unit. D light bulb replaced. 3D printed cup holders. New OEM drivers seat bottom cushion. New OEM drivers seat belt. 2nd & 3rd row seats are out but I have them. New OEM rear view mirror. One new overhead light. New door courtesy lights. New OEM drivers sun visor. The rear heater has been deleted and I used the correct OEM non-rear heater lines in the engine bay. Weathertech floor mats front and rear.

Body wise it got new window runs all around including new window squeegees. New rear hatch and tailgate weatherstripping. New door weatherstripping including the pinch weld ones. New tail lights and new front turn signals. New OEM outer mirrors. New OEM hood and rear hatch struts. Hood weather stripping and cowl too. New OEM wiper arms and blades all around.

There is even more done to the Cruiser I have not listed. Full build thread documenting everything can be seen here.

More or less I have done a full refresh on the Cruiser. It is ready to go, even on an around the world drive. No leaks anywhere, no issues, no codes, nothing. All fluids fresh, diffs and tcase changed twice in 6,000 miles. New plugs all around on diffs and tcase with allens on the drain plugs.

I have taken the Cruiser on ten or so wheeling and camping trips since putting it on the road last September. It has some trail rash or pin strips. There are a few little shopping mall dings across the body. The clear on the hood isn’t toast yet but it is hazing. The clear on the roof is failing in a few places. Zero rust anywhere on the body or chassis. I have drug it over some rocks so there are some trail rash on the sliders, rear bumper, axles and chassis. The muffler has one rock rash in it. I gouged up the rear driveline last trip out so it has a new OEM driveline going in next week. The carpet is not the best. The LHS rear fender flare has a few busted mounts. The OEM windshield has some rock chips and one small crack on the RHS.

I use this Cruiser, it is not a garage queen or shopping mall Cruiser. It is not a 1,000 mile time capsule but better than that it has a new engine just broke in and ready to go for another 300,000+ miles. 😁

I have a few OEM parts I will include with the Cruiser. Such as the LHS rear fender flare. I am also willing to put a new windshield in it with OEM gasket for my full asking price. All parts used on this Cruiser are OEM unless otherwise stated above.

I can do additional upgrades on the Cruiser, at additional cost. Front bumper and winch, lights, drawers, you name it.

Price is $55,000 firm
Located in Boise, Idaho

B7E81569-99BC-490D-8D73-46081A79682D.jpeg
932D45B9-30ED-436F-BC52-06D38F09BD13.jpeg
82FAE6F2-84ED-4B22-971A-BA3559820B9E.jpeg
FAB97BD7-1848-42D8-9D61-F1320A543D70.jpeg
641F01F2-DA0C-4A9A-A448-FC4372B79DB9.jpeg

Cheers

Last edited:
Nice rig! I am curious as you have likely driven dozens or more Fzj80 trucks with higher mileage. How does the new engine performance stack up to an older engine? Does it have more pep, or just run that much cleaner?

thanks

Beautiful rig, bud. I’m taking delivery of my first 80 series in two weeks same color. What was the approx parts cost for the rebuild? And are the rims powder coated? GLWTS!

Awesome rig, whoever buys this one should be thrilled, congratulations in advance to the next owner!

I hope we get to continue to hear about this 80 on Mud as well as @SNLC next project.

Nice rig! I am curious as you have likely driven dozens or more Fzj80 trucks with higher mileage. How does the new engine performance stack up to an older engine? Does it have more pep, or just run that much cleaner?

thanks

So it has no problem holding 80mph on the highway. It has no problem merging onto the freeway. It will pull most grades fine.

Last weekend’s trip, four truck including mine, we drove on the interstate for 40 miles and then a country highway for about 80 miles which climbs a bit. I was leading and I could pretty easily pull away from the group.

One of the other rigs in the group was an 80. He told me he was in 3rd most of the way with it floored to keep up. I only dropped down a gear on the hills and I never had it floored on that drive. Elevation went from about 1500 to 5000 on that drive. I am sure in the 6-10,000ft elevation you notice more lack of power but I have not had it up that high on the highway yet.

It does get a bit b*tchy in headwinds especially with grades at the same time but it still goes good.

It has stock gears so with the 315’s on the highway at 80mph rpms are at 2500.

It’s no powerhouse but I think it has adequate power. Around town or on the trails, zero issues with power. And yes it is much more peppy than an old 1FZ with 250,000 on it. I do have timing set at 8* and I do run 91 in it.

Here is a video when it had zero miles in it.

Cheers

Last edited:
I don’t have any videos of it on the street to demonstrate power and drivability but I could certainly take one for a serious buyer.

Here is a video off-road though. The sand was super soft and the incline about 20 or so degrees.

Here is a video of it doing about 70mph through the desert on a gravel road.

Cheers

Last edited:
Beautiful rig, bud. I’m taking delivery of my first 80 series in two weeks same color. What was the approx parts cost for the rebuild? And are the rims powder coated? GLWTS!

It’s in the thread above, I have over $20k in parts in the engine. Yes the rims are powder coated, that is also in the thread above.

Cheers

This video is when it had about 1,000 miles on it. Bit of a walk around.

I honestly am fine with nobody buying it. My original plan (and for now still the plan) was to keep it and use it while I build up the HDJ80. In the meantime do some more to it like front bumper, winch and Goosegear drawer-sleeping platform and a nice fridge. Then when the HDJ80 is done decide if I want to keep it or the HDJ80 or both. Like I say though the funds from selling it will kick start the HDJ80 build in a big way so I am willing to part with it for my price.

If nobody buys it I am totally cool with that. I won’t be bumping this thread all the time, I don’t have it listed anywhere else. I will be using it and doing more to it as well.

I am about to start the HDJ80 build though, next weekend it’s going in the shop for three days. 😆

Cheers

Bump!

Engine has 15,000 on it now. New OEM distributor and MAF.

I will trade for a nice 1998 FZJ73 or 1998 F/HZJ105. No RHD.

Last week.

7986EA7F-6220-47C8-B996-F5E98055E19B.jpeg
F9D4964A-9E43-41FB-AB50-C1D18FBDEDB7.jpeg

Cheers

Oh ya stock RR is gone, hood and roof got painted to get rid of clear peel.

I think since I made this for sale thread the Cruiser has got a Bowfin rack up top, SLEE front bumper, non-US “four wheel drive” side accents, real nice stereo, power ports in the cargo area. SCS wheels with 3.5” BS for a slightly wider stance. Blackhawk radius arms. Adjustable panhards, I think OME. New OEM bushes in rear control arms. Cruiser needs nothing.

Scheelman seats stay with me. I may entertain offers over $45k.

Cheers

Sigh 🙄

I guess if I am going to bump this thread i should list more that has been done.

Winter of 2021/22 I pulled the entire dash out and refreshed the entire HVAC system with new OEM parts. All the old foam was removed and new automotive HVAC foam installed. Many new parts installed in the dash at this time including all new HVAC vents.

At the same time all the old carpet was removed. Cleaned entire floor and then laid down Dynamat. New aftermarket carpet installed in charcoal to finish it off. IIRC I put new window motors and regulators in the front doors at the same time.

It is on 850/863 OME springs now, about a 2.5” lift.

New front and rear OEM Toyota drivelines.

Rear heater deleted and a nice amp mounted in its location on a custom made mount.

Hurricane Fab tail gate storage. The Scangauge is now mounted to the Witsend mount on the A-pillar using ram mounts. Out of the way, clean and visible at a glance.

This Cruiser has gotten more than I am sure to remember or have listed, such as; new OEM drivers seat belt, new OEM drivers sun visor, new OEM gray interior trim pieces, hood liner, grill, shifter boots and on and on.

I have a few things I will include I have not got around the installing. New OEM Toyota sunroof glass assembly. Used OEM subtank with some new parts like the OEM filler neck. I was going to simplify the subtank system and just install it on a transfer pump with OEM subtank switch. I have the correct overhead subtank console as well.

The headliner and fuzzy pillar pieces are a bit dirty. I been planning to have them recovered with a fabric we use on restorations that is much easier to clean. I was going to sound deaden the roof and install the new sunroof glass when I did this.

The fender flare gaskets are toast, dry rotting. I have new and was going to install whenever I decided to repaint the flares. I will include new gaskets all around.

Cheers

I feel like you're just showing off now...awesome truck!

I will sell it, not for under $50k though. Or in other words, when I am looking at 73's or 105's I feel like I would let it go for $45k. Most of the time though I am like, $60k or I keep it, so middle ground is $50k! :grinpimp:

Cheers

lol. I’ve loved these kinds of listing since I was in high school reading autotrader as a magazine.

You can buy my truck if you want to, but f you, I don’t even want to sell it anyway.

So whatever, it’s for sale, but not really, but I’d sell it, but whatever.

Best listings.

I listed it during covid because people were going crazy over Cruisers.

I like it a lot so to let it go, I need a lot.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom