For Sale 1995 FZJ80-SO. CAL-180K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my 1995 FZJ80-Emerald green w/tan leather interior. Runs great with 180,300 miles and counting...factory lockers, stock suspension with MT sliders and a few small mods.

Purchased in November 2010, I am the third owner of this cruiser. I don't smoke cigs and have been using the truck as my DD. I bought it with 155,000 miles for $8900 locally. PO before me owned it since it was 3 years old. I originally bought the truck with serious plans to build it for offroad use-but have since then had a second child, had to move, and realized also through doing a few mods and some restoration, that its just way more money than I feel like spending on a 19 year old vehicle that I will probably hardly ever take off pavement. I purchased springs and a bunch of other parts for a lift and had been collecting over the past couple years. But I recently sold it all to a fellow MUD member.

Since I have owned the LC I have done a few mods, and also have repaired and replaced quite a few things. I have never taken her offroad in the three years I've owned it and the PO told me that he used it just for a short commute to work and occasionally to go to BIg Bear (local mountains nearby). But I don't believe he ever used it offroad either. I have a great mechanic in town that I trust and have always taken the cruiser to the same shop. I have purchased all my parts from Mr. T and have all receipts for anything I have done or bought (unfortunately PO gave me no records/receipts).

****ASKING $9200 OBO-ALSO OPEN TO TRADES FOR A WHITE 100 SERIES W/LOW MILES***

The GOOD or POSITIVES including MODS;

-only 180XXX miles (relatively low for a"95)
-no rust
-came stock with no roof rack and no interior fake wood sticker trim (both pluses IMO)
-installed oem cupholder
-3X locked: factory front/rear lockers with oem center diff switch and 7-pin mod
-everything works, seats, heat, A/C, sunroof, antenna (replaced twice), including all diffs, every interior light and dash light (replaced any that were out). I even replaced the plastic cover over the gauges.
-replaced factory stereo system with Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD player (rigged to play dvd's while driving-heh) and all Kenwood door and dash speakers, and replaced factory subwoofer with Kenwood SW-10 subwoofer that has a separate control near dash. Stereo sounds great and more like a newer car sounds
-factory leather is all in fair condition for being 19 years old, except for driver's seat, which has some tears and is separating on the ass part of the seat.
-New Diehard Platinum installed Jan. this year -2014
-Metaltech sliders installed last year but have never been taken offroad and still look new
-power steering mod using trans cooler and rubber hoses replacing paper clip factory power steering cooler
-new front brake booster and 100 series front brake pads last year
-new thermostat and radiator cap this year
-had steering wheel and shifter knob re-covered w/new leather in Dec. 2011
-installed "extra 2" track extensions mod on driver's seat to gain an extra 2 inches of leg room
-replaced all rubber fender gaskets this year due to being old and cracked
-Meangreen starter in 2012
-new oem air filter Feb. this year
-H.I.R. headlight bulbs
-all interior lights l.e.d.
-recently switched to full synthetic motor oil Shell Rotella T-6

The BAD or Negatives;

-paint is original I believe-it has quite a few little scratches, scrapes and nicks here and there. The hood and roof clearcoat has failed and looks not kinda ugly (or rugged if you like that look:D). Also driver's side has about five little parking lot dings between both doors from when I removed the running boards before the sliders were put on.
-DS front seat belt is frayed (tried to replace but was discontinued by Mr. T)
-needs tires soon. It currently has stock size worn out Michelins w/oem factory wheels (center caps in garage).
-truck leaks oil pretty bad IMO. Drips when parked. My mechanic says its fine/normal for a vehicle of its age. I think maybe the rear pan arch seal or valve cover gasket in the rear of motor-also looks like it leaks in front but not sure where. I'm not sure if she burns oil or not since it leaks. But I usually have to add a half quart to full quart every 1000-1500 miles or so. I had the oil pan gasket replaced when I first purchased it. I had been looking into fixing these leaks as my most recent effort. But have since decided to throw in the towel on the whole project.
-carpet looks O.K. but is either faded in some spots from age or has a few stains-I can't really tell. It could probably just use a good cleaning.
-leather on middle and back rows are in fair but not great condition. Leather on driver's seat has a few bad cracks/tears and the ass part is split open (the ass part had been redone by PO but has since pulled apart) All the leather in front could use replacing IMO
-windshield has always been a little pitted since I purchased it with 2-3 small chips in it. I had the chips repaired by a glass company but the guy who did the repair was inexperienced and so the chips are still visible. Needs a new windshield depending on if it bothers you.
-removed factory hitch and no longer have it
-removed running boards and no longer have them
-HG has not been replaced unless PO had it done-but I don't it has needed it yet.
-PHH has not been replaced as far as I know
-headliner is a little dirty but has no rips or tears and probably just needs a cleaning

I think that's about all the info I have. I was debating on having the hood and roof repainted, fixing the oil leaks, and replacing the leather in the front. I wasn't sure if these things would even increase the value or help with the sale so I decided to try to sell her as is. I currently am not advertising anywhere else yet-*** ASKING $9200 OBO-ALSO OPEN TO TRADES FOR A WHITE 100 SERIES W/LOW MILES*

*LINK TO PICS IS ON THE FOLLOWING POST-

Last edited:
*****I'VE HAD QUITE A FEW VIEWS WITH NO COMMENTS AND ONLY ONE INQUIRY REGARDING PICS. I'M OPEN TO ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS REGARDING PRICEPOINT AND/OR ANY HELPFUL HINTS OR INFO FOR THE SALE. THANKS-:cheers: *****************************************************

*****PRICE DROP $8300***************
-AFTER ALMOST 300 VIEWS AND ZERO INTEREST - DECIDED TO REMOVE SLIDERS AND SELL SEPARATELY TO A FELLOW MUD MEMBER. ALSO SWAPPING BATTERY AND POSSIBLY STEREO INTO MY 100 SERIES.
*NEW PRICE $8300 OBO************************************************************

******PULLED OFF SLIDERS AND SOLD THEM. SWAPPED OUT DIE HARD BATTERY INTO MY HUNDY. DROPPED PRICE AGAIN. NEW PRICE W/O SLIDERS AND W/AC DELCO BATTERY-$7600 OR BEST OFFER.******

*$6900 OBO*******************************************************************:eek:

**REALLY MOTIVATED TO SELL!!-OPEN TO NEGOTIATING IF ANYONE WANTS TO MAKE ME AN OFFER-

*I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS FROM ANYONE LOOKING AT POSTING REGARDING PRICE AND/OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT HELP WITH A FASTER SALE-THANKS:cheers:

*******NEW PRICE $6500 OR BEST OFFER-********************************************

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom