For Sale 1995 FZJ80 Lockers - Southern California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this LC a little over 4 months ago, right before I found out my wife was pregnant:cheers:. I was hoping to have time and money to work on it, but neither are available right now. I bought it off another Mudder and have only put a couple hundred miles on it. It has been a Southern California rig its entire life and has no rust. The paint is in good condition except for the fender flares, which could use some touch-up. The leather seats are worn and torn like most of this vintage. I would like this to go to a good home and have it enjoyed like it deserves.

1995 FZJ80 $6500

• 188,XXX miles
  • White Exterior/Grey Leather Interior
  • Power Locks, Windows, Mirrors, Sunroof
  • Factory Locking Diffs Front/Center/Rear
  • BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2 315/75/16 (new)
  • Professionally Powder Coated Wheels
  • HID headlamps, no high beams
  • New Rear lights
  • Oil Changed at 188,775
I had John down at San Digo Trux give it a complete inspection. He said it was in good condition and with a little work would be good for at least another 200k miles. Here are his "recommendations":

• Radiator top tank leaking (minor)
  • 180k mile service
  • Front crank seal and oil pump o-ring; seeping
  • Drive belts; cracked and noisy
  • Intake boot; hard, cracking
  • Secondary ignition; original 1995
  • Power steering pump reseal w/ hoses; leaking
  • Knuckle seals; leaking, front end growl, possible spindle
  • Front brake anti-rattle clips backwards
  • Parking brake adjustment
  • Antenna mast broken (motor works, but needs new antenna)
  • Hood struts weak
I don't have many more details. All I've done since I've bought it is put on the KM2's, Powder Coat the wheels, and give it a complete detail inside and out. Unfortunately, it has sat in our driveway for 4 months with only a few cruises up in the hills. I also have an aftermarket PHH ready to install. Feel free to email me with questions or to see more pictures.

Sincerely,
Matt
mattlucas6@gmail.com

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks PoorHouse! It really is a clean rig. There are a couple items on the interior, but it is mostly in great shape.

You mentioned in a previous post that you needed to rebuild the front end, did you end up doing that?

Any info on HG?

Thanks!!

HG hasn't been worked on. There is some leaking in the front seals, but she runs great.

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, but I'm very interested. Actually, I see that you included your email address above. I'll send you a note there.

If you don't like his price, PM him.

Free bump for you, though I think you should keep the cruiser. It's a nice, safe vehicle for you and your family.

Really? For what it's worth, I have personally watched rigs that were not as nice as this sell for more here in my area. Good luck with the sale. Bump for you, hopefully mr. opinions post gets deleted soon so this can carry on it's merry way.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? For what it's worth, I have personally watched rigs that were not as nice as this sell for more here in my area. Good luck with the sale. Bump for you, hopefully mr. opinions post gets deleted soon so this can carry on it's merry way.:cheers:

Thanks B Legit and Mattafact! You know what they say about opinions...

I had my mechanic at work (Fire Apparatus Mechanic) fix the exhaust issues and clear the CEL so it will pass smog. I don't plan on doing anything else as far as PM or repairs. I know it needs some love, but it runs great and is safe for travel.

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, but I'm very interested. Actually, I see that you included your email address above. I'll send you a note there.

Excursionist, I called and left you a voicemail. Feel free to call me back any time.

DAMN, that's exactly what I'm wanting to get myself. But timing is everything and right now is not my time. Good luck with the sale. That's a clean looking rig.

If it were a couple states closer i'd be all over it...so bump for a clean rig!

same truck on craigslist for $6500.. pm me your lowest price have cash in hand . considering i still have to spend another 1-1.5k in repairs

Thanks herbsfj80!I posted the rig on Craigslist and forgot to update my price here. $6500 is what I'm asking now.

Hey there, was the code fixed-or just cleared? which code is it getting?

also- has this been resprayed? or orig paint?

how bad is the front end growl? would it make a trip to northern ca. or would you recommend having it serviced before that type of trip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom