Builds 1995 full resto build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One more pic from me.

06B8686A-A13D-4E77-886C-F94ED6A2F0FB.jpeg

It has been a pleasure to build this one. We really enjoy doing this, working with the customer to deliver what they/you want. It is everything you can imagine; fun, challenging, difficult, enjoyable and best of all rewarding. It ALL comes down to days like today! 😄

I know I was “grumpy” middle of the build thread. Maybe now you can see or understand why. Not many shops will do you a thirty page build thread (*edit, 31 not 50, we got a lot of build threads on mud 🤷🏼‍♂️) with your Cruiser build these days. When I started the thread I had hoped it (the build thread) would be the same caliber as the Cruiser. Few bumps in the road, I am not the best at playing with others, doing videos or professional photo shoots. Hope you all enjoyed it though, right about now @ohsix is probably enjoying some cruise control! 😉😁😂🤙

A 20+hr driving stint home will be a testament to what we do and the Cruiser. I will do a full build out listing soon for those who like to read boring things like Cruiser build lists! 😂🤙

Thanks ALL for following along. 😘

Cheers

Last edited:
One more pic from me.

View attachment 3348661

It has been a pleasure to build this one. We really enjoy doing this, working with the customer to deliver what they/you want. It is everything you can imagine; fun, challenging, difficult, enjoyable and best of all rewarding. It ALL comes down to days like today! 😄

I know I was “grumpy” middle of the build thread. Maybe now you can see or understand why. Not many shops will do you a fifty page build thread with your build these days. When I started the thread I had hoped it (the build thread) would be the same caliber as the Cruiser. Few bumps in the road, I am not the best at playing with others, doing videos or professional photo shoots. Hope you all enjoyed it though, right about now @ohsix is probably enjoying some cruise control! 😉😁😂🤙

A 20+hr driving stint home will be a testament to what we do and the Cruiser. I will do a full build out listing soon for those who like to read boring things like Cruiser build lists! 😂🤙

Thanks ALL for following along. 😘

Cheers
I was one of the victims of your get off my lawn responses, but it's only harmless keyboard jockeying with someone who clearly gives af.

Georg vouched for you and your work. If I still lived in Seattle, I'd definitely be hitting you up to get some stuff done on my 80. Thanks for the content!

P.S. I'd love to figure out where I can source a new T cruise control actuator

Last edited:
Are we allowed to ask questions in this thread now? lol.

Do you sell that rear tailgate storage as a kit? that is nice!

Are we allowed to ask questions in this thread now? lol.

Do you sell that rear tailgate storage as a kit? that is nice!

I suppose. 🙄🤗

Parts inquiries I am still grumpy about! 😑😝

Not doing production parts at this time. “One-offs” for builds absolutely but when I do the quick math in my head for us to produce and sell, it doesn’t pencil out.

Cheers

I suppose. 🙄🤗

Parts inquiries I am still grumpy about! 😑😝

Not doing production parts at this time. “One-offs” for builds absolutely but when I do the quick math in my head for us to produce and sell, it doesn’t pencil out.

Cheers
Raise the price until it does.

My wife and I just finished the ~1,350 mile drive from Ian's shop to our house. The truck ran great. I'm very happy with @SNLC and all the work Ian, Chris, and anyone else involved put into this build. The truck is very quiet on the highway. Definitely quieter than my '17 200 series. I averaged 12.3 mpg from Boise, ID to Cortez, CO with plenty of WOT mountain pass climbs, headwinds, tailwinds, and a lot of 80+mph cruising. The power and gearing on this truck is great for around town and relatively flat highway driving at 80mph and below. A little lower gearing would be better for the mountains, but this truck will live in Texas, so I don't have any regrets on gear selection (stock gears). I'm going to guess I did better on mileage through the flatter lands of New Mexico and Texas, but I haven't refilled the tank yet.

@SNLC Ian was great to work with on this build. I've worked with several other shops on builds other than Land Cruisers, and Ian is as good as it gets in my experience. No corners cut, great communication, consistent, accurate, and fair invoicing. I won't expand too much on all the reasons I'm happy with @SNLC becuase I have another 80 @SNLC that will require a lot of man hours, and there are a few other incredible builds in line ahead of me, but the work @SNLC did on this build deserves praise.

I also want to thank @jomelo as I discovered Ian through his FZJ to HDJ80 build thread @SNLC and @jomelo was nice enough to give me his time and thoughts as I was planning this build.

Ian, what was the process for restoring the wheel? That looks new!

Ignore that, I saw one of the other, later, photos that had a different light angle. I can see it's all powder coated one color. The first photo looked like the original two-tone color scheme. I was wondering how that was done with a powder coat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom