SOLD 1995 4Runner SR5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 4Runner
Mileage
Color
Maroon
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/694577036001030/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ac71960f3-6d6f-4f0e-b59d-211530a6c1fb
Can't afford the cruiser you want? Or want to teach the kids how to drive a stick shift? Or just want the cleanest true 4runnner on the planet? For sale is an immaculate 1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5. Runs, drives, and looks like new both inside and out. 212,000 miles. Always garaged. One owner. Meticulously maintained with receipts and logbook. 3.0 with reliable manual 5 Speed. 4WD works great Top end was rebuilt less than 20k miles ago at Olympia Toyota (have receipts). The only bad is when it sits cold, it idles a little rough at start up for 30 seconds, then runs perfectly. I think it’s the cold start injector, but haven’t messed with it. After 30 seconds it idles perfect. It runs like the day it did when it was new. Will pull Pacific Northwest mountain passes at 75 in 4th gear no problem. Only reason for selling is the owner is my Mom, who is 70 years old, and she is tired of driving a stick shift. It’s really bothering her to sell this, because she’s been driving it for the last 28 years and it is very sentimental, plus she says it looks cooler than anything else she sees on the road. But, she bought a new car with all the bells and whistles so it’s time for this one to go. I would take it from her, but I already have 5 Toyotas 4x4’s, and my wife says no more. This could easily be a collector for a Toyota enthusiast, or overland vehicle, or just an awesome daily driver. Asking $8,500. You won’t find one cleaner at this price.
1681495911174.png

1681495952133.png

1681495972232.png

1681496003917.png

1681496071739.png

Last edited:
.. Will pull Pacific Northwest mountain passes at 75 in 4th gear no problem...
Wow, that's hard to believe. Granted, I'm not familiar with NW mountain passes. My 3.0 auto won't get much beyond 45 going up the steep sections of Saddle road on the Big Island. The manual makes a big difference, no doubt. Nice that's it's been kept in stock condition. Edit: Top end rebuilt, nice.

Wow, that's hard to believe. Granted, I'm not familiar with NW mountain passes. My 3.0 auto won't get much beyond 45 going up the steep sections of Saddle road on the Big Island. The manual makes a big difference, no doubt. Nice that's it's been kept in stock condition. Edit: Top end rebuilt, nice.
Thanks for the note. I think a lot of factors play into it... I was referring to Snoqualmie Pass on I-90 in Washington, and 4th of July Pass on I-90 in Idaho. Big wide highways. I don't think they get steeper than 4-5% at the most, so you're hitting them at speed, and it will maintain that speed. I think Saddle Pass is closer to 7%, right? I know Toyota bumped the 3VZE up 5-10hp from introduction. I don't know when that happened, but it's possible a 1995 might have a little more power than a 1990. Also, how clean the engine (mainly heads) are plays a part. The top end was rebuilt less than 20k miles ago, so there isn't much buildup in the valves and combustion chambers. But I do think you nailed it, the biggest difference is the manual trans. I've driven an auto, and it's night and day. I drove a 22re 1990 4Runner and it was faster than a 3.slow with the auto. I would love to drive a 3.4 swapped 2nd gen with a manual. I bet it's like a racecar!

Hey Borrego, looks like your mom kept the 4Runner very nice. I have some questions.....has it ever been wrecked, any paint work, was it garage-kept, any rust anywhere, do the a/c, cruise, pw/pl, pwr rear window, sunroof, 4WD system all work as they should? Do you have dealership maintenence records? CarFax? When was the last time timing belt and water pump were done.? Has the head gasket been replaced? Other than the miles, what keeps this 4Runner from being a 9 on a scale of 10? Sorry for all the questions, but it looks nice and I am interested. If you would rather call to discuss, my name is Glen and you can reach me at 903-517-7218.

Hey Borrego, looks like your mom kept the 4Runner very nice. I have some questions.....has it ever been wrecked, any paint work, was it garage-kept, any rust anywhere, do the a/c, cruise, pw/pl, pwr rear window, sunroof, 4WD system all work as they should? Do you have dealership maintenence records? CarFax? When was the last time timing belt and water pump were done.? Has the head gasket been replaced? Other than the miles, what keeps this 4Runner from being a 9 on a scale of 10? Sorry for all the questions, but it looks nice and I am interested. If you would rather call to discuss, my name is Glen and you can reach me at 903-517-7218.
Sorry for the slow response. I had a ton of interest, and it sold over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom