1995 1Fz-fe motor/trans worth selling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for opinions. I am collecting parts for the LS swap in my 95 80 series. My current motor has 310k miles, trans has about 140k on it but I dont have paperwork to prove that. I know it runs, has great oil pressure and shifts perfect, but its starting to use oil and smokes some on startup if it sets very long. I believe its valve seals, but fell into a nice 5.3 to swap so decided to go that route. Would this setup be worth anything to anyone? I'm in northern WV also and its still in the rig which runs/drives fine. I was going to post it in the classifies, but wanted some opinions first on what its even worth if anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes it will have value. I'm not sure if a price in USA

In Australia, I recently paid $900 for a non running 1fz-fe airway out of the vehicle, unknown condition, estimated 300k km mileage.
This was less than half the cost of the next cheapest comparable engine.

The same engine would have cost me $4k + from a commercial wrecker (3months warranty).

These engines are far more plentiful in Australia.

I had to swap the head gasket, and change the sump. The bottom end, and cylinder walls (minus some damage from coolant sitting in a couple of cylinders) were still in great shape, and I expect good for a lot more miles yet.

Yes it will have value. I'm not sure if a price in USA

In Australia, I recently paid $900 for a non running 1fz-fe airway out of the vehicle, unknown condition, estimated 300k km mileage.
This was less than half the cost of the next cheapest comparable engine.

The same engine would have cost me $4k + from a commercial wrecker (3months warranty).

These engines are far more plentiful in Australia.

I had to swap the head gasket, and change the sump. The bottom end, and cylinder walls (minus some damage from coolant sitting in a couple of cylinders) were still in great shape, and I expect good for a lot more miles yet.
Thanks for the info sir. Ill see if anyone has an idea on value, then move it to the classifieds with more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom