FAQ 1995-1997 1FZ-FE FZJ80 OBD2 Main Engine Wiring Harness Connector Information (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,
My 97 TLC (FZJ80) with TRD SC is in need of main engine wiring harness replacement. Has anyone written a step by step procedure with pictures showing proper sequence of harness/connector installation? How hard is to reach & connect transmission control wires/connector? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I replaced mine and honestly it's not that hard just more of a contortionist experience weaving the wire back through. I used tape to label each plug and sensor so I could refer back just in case.

Hello,
My 97 TLC (FZJ80) with TRD SC is in need of main engine wiring harness replacement. Has anyone written a step by step procedure with pictures showing proper sequence of harness/connector installation? How hard is to reach & connect transmission control wires/connector? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I’ll tell you like it is, it going to be hard but you can do this first take the ole 80 and power wash the under side and degrease that dirty lady then get her all wet again then take her home ,label all connectors get the old FSM out and start taking all the connectors apart you will need to get a few gasket like the plenum intake top and throttle body gaskets to get to the injectors that’s what I did you can also clean up the tubing as well. Get your self some pick tools from harbor freight to help get them connectors apart. The good news is any questions you come up with can people on here will find you an answer to help out good luck.

Thank you guys for the info & heads up.
After looking at my spare harness & compared to installed one, noticed the O2 sensors cable runs behind the engine & above the Trans case. I thought it was very hard to get to without splicing or cutting wires. So I decided to troubleshoot engine missfire, loud clunking & hestation anytime engine running. Found the wiring harness resting on EGR pipe. Started to take insulation off & saw 5 wires melted/shorted. #6 injector wire was totally broken apart (sec pics). Re-soldered, shrink tubed & reinsulated with heat reflective material. While there, also replace SC to intake hoses. Now truck runs & sounds great.
IMG_5021.JPG
IMG_5021.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG

@Onur I do miss our late night calls for parts and what not.......

Thanks for this info, I just ordered the temp sender plug from toyota parts deal dot net. Smashed the heck out of the new wiring harness I got from you many moons ago. Now to wait for delivery and plan the install. Bet those dudes don't include cool stickers, hammers, wrenches, and hand written notes of appreciation.

big thanks to @Onur for this. I need to make some transition harnesses and after 2 days of digging around to find the Toyota part numbers for what I need and then facing the task of finding the appropriate splices I stumbled across this post.

Brought everything into focus in short order and I'm confident moving forward.👍

big thanks to @Onur for this. I need to make some transition harnesses and after 2 days of digging around to find the Toyota part numbers for what I need and then facing the task of finding the appropriate splices I stumbled across this post.

Brought everything into focus in short order and I'm confident moving forward.👍

Glad it helped, Rick.

:cheers:

These two are useful if you are trying to connect universal O2's to the factory harness.

90980-11028: gray, 4 pin w/clip: For Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2:

View attachment 1418839

90980-10869: gray, 4 pin w/clip. For Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2:

View attachment 1418840

While not a part of the main engine wiring harness, you will need these connector a homemade fusible link to your harness:

90980-10983: gray, 1 wire, fusible link side:

View attachment 1418844

90980-10982: gray, 1 wire, harness side:

View attachment 1418845

90980-11144: black, 6 wire. For the IAC valve:

View attachment 1418847

Do replacement connectors come with new metallic terminals?

F564009F-5C0B-43A8-BC68-CB209A56E121.jpeg

hey onur, is there a part number for the broken connector top right? This is the harness that goes to the ac compressor. Also is the main connector that’s hard mounted on the a343f transmission replaceable?

View attachment 2212138
hey onur, is there a part number for the broken connector top right? This is the harness that goes to the ac compressor. Also is the main connector that’s hard mounted on the a343f transmission replaceable?

See my first post for the AC sub harness.

For the A343F, you need to get the 5 digit number off of it.

After spending a day and a half searching for a part number for the Female connector fora T100 master cylinder float switch, this housing part number list, made light work of finding the corresponding terminal splices...thanks for the knowledge bomb @Onur

90980-10944: big, gray, 3 pin, 2 unused (at the alt, with bracket):

View attachment 1418860

90980-10841: gray, 3 pin (alt side):

View attachment 1418864

90980-11317: black, 5 wire, for the MAF:

View attachment 1418869

90980-11153: gray and brown, 2 wire, for the injectors. When you buy replacements, they only come gray:

View attachment 1418870

90980-11246: Gray, 2 wire, for the coil:

View attachment 1418871
Alternator connector seems to be a 90980-11349 not a 10841.

Edit: disregard, misread your post.

Wanted to follow up and see if anyone knows the answer to my previous inquiry.

In addition, if anyone is looking for the harness side connectors to the following dash switches:

Center Diff Lock: 90980-10997
Hazard: 90980-10801
Antenna: 90980-10933
Defrost: 90980-10797

All of these use the same terminal wire: 82998-12340

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom