1994 Transmission Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Occasionally my cruiser will start out in 2nd or 3rd gear requiring me to manually downshift to get started. Is my Automatic Transmission Gear Position Sensor worn out or is there another problem?
Thank you,
Brian

How many miles on the tranny. I have a 94 as well and maybe something up looking at down the road?

First thing I would check is the kick down cable adjustment, it's free. If that's correct, then go with the solenoids.

I just bought 4 (what I think are) new solenoids for my 94. Is it unusual to have what looks like ATF in the bag with the "new" solenoid?

I just bought 4 (what I think are) new solenoids for my 94. Is it unusual to have what looks like ATF in the bag with the "new" solenoid?
the ones i have bough,t from the links i put above, have all come new in a white paper box. they were dry and looked brand new like any other part. nothing was wet in a bag.

So I also bought these from Cobra. They look new but have a trace of ATF in the bag and I'm wondering if they were pulled from some deceased Isuzu. Hence my question as I'd rather be safe than sorry.
20220103_103210.jpg

A little ATF keeps them lubricated and preventing rust. For the price you paid it would not be cost effective labor wise for someone to pull used parts from a transmission.

A little ATF keeps them lubricated and preventing rust. For the price you paid it would not be cost effective labor wise for someone to pull used parts from a transmission.
Thank you and I just want to be sure as I don't want to seal up the pan then discover the parts were bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom