1994 Toyota Land Cruiser keyless entry receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rdg

Threads
1994 Land Cruiser trying to figure out what brand and model is used for the receiver on the keyless entry, my Land Cruiser has electric door locks all the wires for the remote or under the driver seat but no receiver does anybody know anything about this

Are you sure it has keyless entry at all? Although the 80 series had central locking on some models, I don't believe there was factory keyless entry on the 80 series in any market, although dealers would fit aftermarket units for you at purchase in some markets. You can wire in a keyless entry system to these vehicles as long as there's central locking.

If you're sure there's a keyless entry system fitted but you don't have any fobs, you'd have to take some pictures of the control unit, and/or provide any markings that are on the unit to help figure out what type it is. As there's no standard factory unit this varies from vehicle to vehicle, although knowing where you're located might help with a guess.

on the '93/'94 models, the remote entry/security systems were port installed - meaning aftermarket

the only way to find out is to look for manufacturer information on the control box that's most likely located in the driver side footwell kick panel

in our '93, it's a Viper system (port of entry for this originally TX-bought truck was Houston)

I have the manual on how to program a key fob to the Viper system, but finding the correct vintage key fob might be tricky . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom