SOLD 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser - HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Hey guys - I am new to IH8MUD but I am a real legit owner!
I have a '94 Land Cruiser - HZJ73 - for sale in TN. It has the 1HZ, straight 6 Diesel engine *NON TURBO*
I am asking $27,500.
I did recently import this Cruiser from Dubai, and it is Titled and Clear. This Cruiser has 190K miles and runs very smooth. It has the H55F 5-Speed Tranny with Power Locking Hubs and push button H4. The transfer case shifts to Low well and all works as it should (like a billy goat!). It comes with a factory PTO Winch, power windows, power door locks, the FRP Top and working A/C.
I recently (last week) had the Old Man Emu Suspension Lift put on by a reputable outfitter here in town. The kit came from Cruiser Outfitters and rides so beautifully now. I also have recently put on Cooper Discoverers AT3's that are just aggressive enough but quiet and smooth on the road.
If you would like more information or if you are somewhat local and would like to check it out, send me message. I was only allowed 5 pictures, if you would like more, please let me know.
Thanks for checking it out!

IMG-1376.jpg

IMG-1377.jpg

IMG-1379.jpg

IMG-1380.jpg

IMG-1381 (1).jpg

Nice “front porch” bumper and pto winch too. You could have friends over to hang out on that baby! GLWS, looks nice.

Nice Rig, most buyers are going to want to see more then the shiny paint, you need to post pictures of the undercarriage, under the hood, door jams and under the the carpet etc etc.
GLWS

Last edited:
Nice Rig, most buyers are going to want to see more then the shiny paint, you need to post pictures of the undercarriage, under the hood, door jams and under the the carpet etc etc.
GLWS

PS Just so you know when some one PM's you they can see when you have read the PM and ignored them. ;) 🤷‍♂️
Broski, you sent me your email address and I replied to your email 4 minutes after you posted the thread. Sorry for not replying in the thread, but assumed you would see the email.
I was only allowed 5 pictures but sent you a Dropbox link with about 200 pictures and videos.
If you didn’t receive it, let me know. Thanks!

Broski, you sent me your email address and I replied to your email 4 minutes after you posted the thread. Sorry for not replying in the thread, but assumed you would see the email.
I was only allowed 5 pictures but sent you a Dropbox link with about 200 pictures and videos.
If you didn’t receive it, let me know. Thanks!
Your right my apologies ;)
You can add that link to your add

How does it do at normal highway speeds?
Runs smooth and strong. I personally have only gotten it up to around 65 on I-40 through Knoxville here. I would drive it across the country, but I know it would take a little longer than if I were to drive my Camry (which has been known to average 91 mph on the interstate...maybe...).

On a serious note, it pulls very well around 2300 rpm, and that's around 63 mph. It would comfortably hold 70, but I just haven't yet. I'll try to take it out the next day or two and get a video for you.

Thanks!

Hey guys, some folks have asked for more pictures, so I wanted to post a link to a dropbox folder with a lot of pictures and videos of the truck. You can find that link here:

Also, just for full transparency, there is rust repair on the rear door sill that is visible in the pictures. There is a small silver dollar hole under the carpet in the left rear corner (it is on the internal metal - not through the body to daylight).
The undercarriage was sprayed with an underbody protective coating and in some areas, it shows in the pictures as being "wet" - it's not. The engine is dry and does not leak. The oil pan received spray and is peeling due to the heat of the engine in my opinion.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions. It's really a joy to drive and not something that worry about when I go out to start it up and drive it. It goes when I want and it goes where I want.

And if you're curious, I am open to offers, thanks!

Ok thanks. I had a BJ70 which was great but it definitely felt like it was trying above 60-65.
My HZJ73 in CA has 37" tires and goes about 75-80mph at 2100 - 2200rpm.
Takes time to get there of course, but it gets there.

Hey guys, not sure how to edit my posting here, but I am reducing the price of the Cruiser - asking $24,000 o.b.o.

Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,

I imported my one HZJ77 from Japan by myself almost 3 years ago and it cost me total $15000 (registration and sales tax included)

This picture taken the day I brought it home from Tacoma port terminal.

HZJ77.JPG

I imported my one HZJ77 from Japan by myself almost 3 years ago and it cost me total $15000 (registration and sales tax included)

This picture taken the day I brought it home from Tacoma port terminal.

View attachment 2787298
Not sure how many miles you have on it, but you'd be lucky to get an HZJ77 with under 100k miles to Tacoma (all in - including title and reg ) for under $22k - ish. I brought in a PZJ77 w/ 49k miles about the same time for $14.5k. Prices have skyrocketed in the past 3 years. Nice work and nice rig!

Not sure how many miles you have on it, but you'd be lucky to get an HZJ77 with under 100k miles to Tacoma (all in - including title and reg ) for under $22k - ish. I brought in a PZJ77 w/ 49k miles about the same time for $14.5k. Prices have skyrocketed in the past 3 years. Nice work and nice rig!
I got what I could afford for my money - almost the cheapest one at the moment. It has a lot of miles and a lot of rust. It just because I am from Russia and used to be drive similar beasts over there for many years, I wasn't afraid of high mileage and holes . I know these vehicles pretty well, they are designed for survival.
What your opinion about PZ engine in terms of power and torque??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom