For Sale 1994 Toyota FZJ80 FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$2000 OBO (Helena MT) 300K Miles, No Diff Lockers
Open to trades of other vehicles, trailers, gun/hunting, tools, 4wd Stuff, or other "guy" things.

This might just be the least expensive FJ80 Land Cruiser you are going to find and still drive it home. I picked it up last year with the idea of using it as a winter/snow vehicle because we were having a baby and didn't have anything with 4 doors. Since then work and the baby have taken all my time. I haven't had time to finish it and purchased a Subaru for a family vehicle so It needs a new home.

I was thinking this would make a great expedition or family wheeler. I was considering doing a V8 swap and keeping it, but already have an early Bronco for that and really don't need another project right now.

When purchased last year it had a busted radiator and front bumper. Here is a list of what I have done to it (Have receipts).
- New Copper/Brass Radiator & Cap
- Water Pump Belt
- Upper and Lower Rad Hoses (PHH hose already done and looks good)
- Changed Fan Clutch Fluid with 15K Oil
- Rear Gate Struts
- Drivers Door Handle
- Oil & Filter
- Front & Rear Main Seal
- Upper & Lower Oil Pan Sealed
- Oil Pump & Pickup Seals
- Valve Cover & Intake Breather Hoses
- PCV Valve, Grommet & Hose
- Dipstick Tube O-Rings
- Michelin Tires aprox 75% Tread (Including spare)
- Distributer O-Ring
- 2 Hoses at Heater Core

This vehicle is your classic Montana vehicle with rock chips and pealing clear coat but very little rust. There are a couple of ¼" rock chips on the rear gate that are starting to rust. Other than that the only rust is on the hitch and running boards. Biggest dent is about golf ball size on the driver fender. See pics of both.

It drives great; the all-wheel drive system and antilock brakes work amazing on the ice and snow even without studs. The brakes are very impressive and in good shape. Motor no longer leaks not that I resealed the bottom end. Transmission feels good.

As I recall all electrical features work with the exception of the antenna. It has the non-electric seats & 3rd row seats. Sun roof does not leak.

Now the bad... Its biggest problem is it is using oil at highway speeds (high RPM with load). It runs well and has no problem doing our 80mph interstate speed limit. I am thinking it needs new valve seals. Head gasket doesn't leak but you might as well do it at the same time. Around town it doesn't seam to use oil.

It is sluggish when cold. I am told these vehicles aren't powerhouses but it is noticeably more sluggish when it is cold vs when it warms up. It starts and runs good so I am thinking it is not the actual motor but something the computer is controlling when it is cold.

Other than that the front seats are ripped, has no front bumper and needs a new mirror in the passenger side.

Give me a shout if you have any questions. 406-579-9073 rjcurrier44@gmail.com

1994 Toyota FZJ80

I have lots of pictures and can e-mail more

Thanks!
ROB

PICTURES IN NEXT POST BELOW

exterior

View attachment 1542029

View attachment 1542030

IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3724.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

Bump before the weekend :)

This rig also has the best headlights of any vehicle I have been in. I'm not sure exactly what bulbs they put in it but you can literally see deer in the road for miles with the high beams on. Wish all my other vehicles were this good!

Thanks!
ROB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom