1994 RJ77 -22R/G52 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the handsomest vehicle I've ever seen. I wasn't aware they could be found in the US.

Hey Defuzer1, the paint and graphics look awesome, I wouldn't paint unless there are some unseen issues. The little 22r is a great motor with lots of "hot rod options" and parts availability in the US, these are also easy to convert to fuel injection if you ever want better economy. if it hasnt been recently done I would have the timing belt replaced along with the tensioner, sproket, oil pump and guides and maybe do the water pump while your there. Awesome find!!!

picked it up today. 2600-2700rpm @ 110km perfectly fine with that. the 4.55 and the tires on it match up nicely.

about 118f/48c and I had to turn down AC, so that's working great too.

sure something will pop up over the next few months. it does have a few dents that are not very noticeable as mentioned earlier.

since I live about 40 miles from work here. first upgrade will be stereo. I know 4 inch dash speakers. will start a new thread on rears.

Arabic is more than a little rusty. receipts going back to 2012

high notes so far:

distributor points replaced 2012
oil pump 2012
water pump 2012 2017
thermostat, 2012
belts.. (alt, AC, pump) 2012
pistons, ring set .50 con rod bearings, gasket set (eng) 2012
chain and tensioner 2012
thermostat housing 2012
lots of 2014 receipts that were filled in by dyslexic doctor. can't make them out
brake pads 2016

pulley assembly power steering idle 2016
another bag I haven't sorted yet (receipts, parts)

IMG_20190710_161952.jpg

IMG_20190710_161853.jpg

IMG_20190710_161658.jpg

Last edited:
I am really digging the look of this RJ77. You can tell it was cared for too.

That is a really cool truck. Love those rear jump seats and the utilitarian interior.

hand calc to 13.8mpg on first full tank. well first 3/4 anyway. held 18.3 gallons on 3/4, so nice sized tank also. was hoping for better mileage, but will take that considering 120+ degree heat constantly and blasting AC all the time at about 70mph

hand calc to 13.8mpg on first full tank. well first 3/4 anyway. held 18.3 gallons on 3/4, so nice sized tank also. was hoping for better mileage, but will take that considering 120+ degree heat constantly and blasting AC all the time at about 70mph

Is that US MPG or Imperial MPG? I have heard the 22R can be thirsty when it's pushed hard. How are the coolant temperatures?

Just for comparison: In my LJ78 traveling 70MPH in 100 degree heat with A/C on and loaded truck (family and gear) I get about 11-12l/100km. This includes traveling over mountain passes etc. 12l/100km = 19 US mpg or 24 Imp mpg.

US mpg coolant temps are normal, nothing excessive running about 2800rpm on average

Will try to find a place saturday to change all fluids,diffs, etc.. see if that helps also researching what gains might come with fuel injection or even kz/kd conversion once back in the US

Is there emissions testing required for the destination locality?

Excellent. It wouldn't pass one.

It would be a shame to get it home to say Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City or some place worse like Kalifornia that requires emissions testing. :)

Getting jump on baseline.

Today. Oil, all filters, Check trans, Xfer case, front and rear diffs. Guys going through all systems as well.

Still weird seeing coils. Took quite a few pics of trans tunnel and engine mounts for future planning. Crossmember too.

Stereo and speakers next sunday

IMG_20190721_111629.jpg

IMG_20190721_111649.jpg

IMG_20190721_111826.jpg

Getting windows tinted today also

Here is list of what mechanics are sayi g needs addressed:

Clutch. Seems fine
Alternator. Haven't noticed anything. Did leave lights on for a few hrs the other night. Started right up
Front hub bearing. Left and right
Brake shoes. Front
Rear hub seals
Wire kit. Need further explanation in that one
Rotor and cap
Spark plugs

Doing all the brake stuff, or getting parts for next weekend. Engine recommendations will wait till I hear back from @Gun Runner 5 and his posse.

Edit:. With 22r parts being inexpensive. Will just change clutch and alternator now

Last edited:
I would guess “wire kit” pertains to spark plug wires since you listed that with other mechanical items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom