For Sale 1994 locked fzj80 (feeler) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1994 locked fzj80

Hi all I haven't been around for a bit, looking to get a new crawler. This forum has been great. Very infomative and great people, very patient with others on the forum.​

I bought this 20 months ago. Built it for expedition and some crawling. I really love it but I miss extreme rock crawling. I don't want to destroy this great cruiser. I have found a truck I'm wanting to buy and just can't justify having them both, even though I would love to. I'm also trying to buy back my old crawler. If I find out sooner than later that I'm getting it back I will not be selling the cruiser. That is why this is a feeler post. I hope to knoe on the crawler in about 2-3 weeks. The Tacoma I'm looking at is a lot more money than my old truck so I will have to sell cruiser to get it. Plus it is a DD as well. Here is a quick list and a couple pics.​

Bought it with 149k on it it now has 171k​

I built all the armor on the cruiser. All steel is 3/16 and up. 1000# spindles on swing outs.​

Skidplates on tranny, cat, tcase, rear locker, front dif cover.​

OME 863 front 864 rear​

pro comp shocks​

4.88 gears factory lockers​

drawers in back, no third row​

tailgate storage​

diff lock switch​

brakes done before Moab

head has been done and everything that goes with it, plus hoses, belts,plugs,ac, knock sensor and on and on. I have the complete list on my seceipt all done by local Toyota.​

28 gallon aux gas tank transfers into stock tank. skidplate for it.​

315 Toyo mt​

Some extra switches and such.​

extra set of complete front axles with berfs.

Old t-case will go with it as well.

I am forgetting a lot of things. Sorry for the incomplete list. Inside is good not great but not bad eather. Driver seat isn't as bad as a lot that I've seen. Everything works except the resume on the cruise control comes and goes, but cruise works. ABS light is on, Toyota ran code, he said front right or left rear sensor. All windows, locks. Runs and drives great. Passes local smog. All stock motor, tranny, t-case, exhaust(except the can is cut off the back). We went to Moab this spring. Then to Az and back to Idaho through Southern Cal. 2500+ miles. No problems. Totally loaded with spare parts, camping gear, and family. Total weight 6500lbs. We got about 14.5 mpg driving 65-70. It's happy spot is 67-8. I havn't drove it much since Moab. I picked up a 1990 Dodge diesel on our way through Ca. from a friend. So I've been driving it. 20 mpg is much better that the cruiser, and keeping the miles off the cruiser. The diesel will go forever, it only has 70k on it.​

I have used this cruiser for what it was built for. I have logged a lot of miles of gravel, dirt, two track, and some rock crawling. It is not a cream puff but not thrashed or look thrashed eather. It is a very capable and reliable cruiser. The dents have been pushed out but no bondo. They really don't look too bad.​

When I bought it it did have a slight noise. It finally reared it's head about a month before we left for Moab. The t-case was going. I picked one up from a mudder in Bozeman Mt. It was out of a 94 with 130k on it. I haven't had a problem since.​

10x40 Mobil 1 syn it doesn't burn any oil. Redline in thirds.​

Tranny just serviced before Moab.​

Steering pump is leaking, stock steering stabilizer.​

It needs a driver headlight. Works but points low and to the right.​

I have all receipts of work done since I bought it.​

If you are serious about it please make up a list of questions and email them to me. Or call anytime if you have Verizon. If not call weekends or between 9-10pm mountain time. I am not looking for any trades. This cruiser is very reliable. I depend on it to bring my wife and I home from very remote areas. With over 50 gallons of gas you can get way out there.​

I'm in Kuna Idaho near Boise. I will deliver up to about 1000 miles for cost of diesel and a bit more (we can work it out). The Tacoma I'm looking to buy is in La Quinta, Ca. It would work out great to deliver on my way to pick it up. I have a 18' PJ dove tail trailer and I use to haul heavy equiptment. The cruiser will be safe. I will answer every question to the best of my ability, take as many pics as you want. I grew up in a very small town where honesty and integrity is a must. Please serious cash buyers only.

I am really torn, I don't want to sell. But, I'm being pulled in a diferant direction. I have tons of time into this build and a lot of love and hate (more love). I feel my starting price is very fair for what this cruiser has to offer. Any reasonable offer will be considered. I will be out of town September 18 and getting home between the 25-30 of September. I will be in Eastern Idaho and could work out a delivery if you are in that direction. I'll be driving the Dodge with slide in camper. But could bring the cruiser if need be.

$7000.00 Or best Cash offer.

dogkings@yahoo.com

Thank you all, GREAT FORUM,... Phil @ 208 899 3803
moam 2010 219.jpg
moam 2010 473.jpg
moam 2010 483.jpg

Last edited:
Couple more pics
cruiser 002.jpg
cruiser 001.jpg
cruiser 008.jpg

Some more pics
cruiser 009.jpg
cruiser 010.jpg
cruiser 012.jpg

And some more. The CB, antler shifter, compressor, and fleshlight mount stay with me.
cruiser 003.jpg
cruiser 004.jpg
cruiser 014.jpg

Perfect Trade!

Hey! I'm looking to trade my totally built '84 PU for a family friendly 80! We should talk. I just posted my rig on Trail-Gear forum under "Buy/Sell", you can check it out there. My user name is Cornfed. I can e-mail you with all details too.

bump for offers

I forgot the entire front axle was rebuilt at the time of ring pinion install as well. Tires a just over a year old. I'm at the point that I will sale it. Make offer. I'm going to cleen it up Monday and get some new pics up.

NO rust. Over 5k in the gears, front axle rebuild and head alone.

I know it's been offroad and used, sory! But still a very well maintained solid rig.

Up to th front

up front

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom