1994 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at 1994 Landcruiser-?

Looking at a very clean, totally stock 1994 LC-It has 94,000 original miles, one owner, very nice original white paint , very clean leather interior, looks like it was kept in a garage by original owner. Dealer has it and wants $8,250 (plus fees):crybaby: seems high to me-offered $7,200 but no deal-would it be insane to pay more than $8,000 for this truck?

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Look at the '94 I just bought with 243,000 miles. It has most of the things wrong with it that can go wrong on these. If the one you're looking at has none of those things wrong, it's value goes up by the amount of those repairs/corrections. The link to mine is in my sig line.

Also check out the FAQ with its guide to buying an 80 series, and cost of ownership threads.

HTH

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it yet-I'm hoping that with under 100K it'll we be awhile.

Congrats on the 80

I got mine with similiar miles and condition with lockers for 7400 from a small dealer
So yep too high

Depends on the local market...

Looking at a very clean, totally stock 1994 LC-It has 94,000 original miles, one owner, very nice original white paint , very clean leather interior, looks like it was kept in a garage by original owner. Dealer has it and wants $8,250 (plus fees):crybaby: seems high to me-offered $7,200 but no deal-would it be insane to pay more than $8,000 for this truck?

Don't think of it has high or low but think of it as how much you can afford and willing to pay. I recently purchased a 94 LC with 81K for $8,650. Yes this may seem high but it was in excellent condition and the owner just installed new tires ($900).

If 8,250 is too much then walk away as I'm sure you will find another LC in the price range that you can live with.

You have the vin handy? I will pull a car fax report for you.

Wait a week and let him stew then come back with 7k. I love the lower counter offer system. You don't have to have this but he has to sell it to make a living.

I think its too high. Lockers would make it a different story. When I was looking for a LC (and in dire need of a vehicle to be my DD), I looked everywhere. Called this lady who had just posted on craigslist. She had a small dealership--a few cars being sold at a time--and had just posted the LC the day I called her. She originally had it listed for $5k, roughly give or take 500, and wouldn't budge on the price. I ended up finding a different LC, that I love.:grinpimp:

Funny thing is, the lady rents her little space from my mechanic, who I found after doing a bunch of research and searching. That LC that she wouldn't budge on the price wouldn't sell. She had it sitting there for 4-5 months and dropped the price $3k+.

You'll find the right one. No matter your need or desire for one NOW, I'd recommend not over paying what you think a LC is worth. Check out prices on cars.com, autotrader.com, and craigslist in different regions of the country, so you can see what a good ballpark is going to look like.

There is a dealership here in town (a bigger one than mentioned above), and it's been trying to sell this '85 or '86 for probably 6-8 months. They've got it listed for $9k! No mods or anything! No lockers. Just way over priced!!!

You'll find the right one. I've seen that said on MUD tons of times to those who are looking, AND IT'S ACCURATE!:cheers:

$8k isn't much, I'd pay that for it. I'm guessing you're in Bolinas, CA. There's a high demand for land cruisers in northern california (at least when I was looking last Dec.). Gas has gotten a little cheaper, so demand is probably increasing.

Regardless, $7200 wasn't a bad offer. He's probably getting a ton of calls on the vehicle, if he's advertised it. Offer $7500 so he doesn't have to deal with people calling him about it.

Too high, but I only think this because of the NO LOCKERS. Otherwise, seems decent. Also, it should be the 1FZE. I believe the 3FE was pre 93.

I was doing a search the other day and saw this one on-line. Is this the same one they "advertise" now with a price drop to $8991? If they came down once they will likely come down again. There are a few things that would bug me with the 2 center caps missing and the broken emblem in back being the OCD I am but it does have the 1 owner thing going for it so...its your call. I'd sit and wait, though it is odd to me that in under 30 days they have dropped the price already.

Good luck

I found mine outside of CA last summer on CL. 94 with lockers, clean, no cracks/tears in the leather, and good paint with 145k for $4500. It's a risk buying away from home but it can be rewarding too. Read the Slee faqs, ask the hard questions, and be prepared to walk away if the vehicle isn't as described when you get there. I think we got a decent deal and once we had the fluids changed we made a short vacation of the drive home.

Thanks for the advice-that makes sense-the dealer has a carfax (which is clean 1 owner).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom