1994 FZJ80 Odometer Quit, Speedometer Still Works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was driving the other day and noticed that the speedometer jumped around for a bit and then went back to working properly. Later I noticed that the odometer had quit working at 340K miles. I haven't dug into the dash yet but has there been a common weak point in the cluster I should look at first? The trip odometer quit a few years ago and I was meaning to tear it apart anyway. I had carelessly mashed the reset a bit too hard one day and it stopped working.

Kind of common, happened to me. Pull it apart and see what it looks like.
I had to get a cluster from a part out and just reset the mileage to match the old one.

Mine started bouncing around and finally quit at 285k miles. Both the speedo and odometer. I was told it couldnt be fixed so I replaced it with a new one. Not sure if what i was told is true or not. I have abt 79k on the new one now.

Kind of common, happened to me. Pull it apart and see what it looks like.
I had to get a cluster from a part out and just reset the mileage to match the old one.

It looks like I will be replacing the Speedometer/Odometer. I would like to keep my current mileage as I now have about 470k miles. Tell me, just how did you go about adjusting the odometer mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom