1994 FZJ80 occasionally starts in second (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FZJ will occasionally act like it's stuck in second as if the snow or 2nd button is in use. However, being a 1994, it doesn't have the start in second option. It will continue to do this until I shift it info 1st, and then it will start normally in 1st.

Any ideas? I've searched and read way too many threads, and none correspond to what I'm seeing.

Cheers!

My FZJ will occasionally act like it's stuck in second as if the snow or 2nd button is in use. However, being a 1994, it doesn't have the start in second option. It will continue to do this until I shift it info 1st, and then it will start normally in 1st.

Any ideas? I've searched and read way too many threads, and none correspond to what I'm seeing.

Cheers!
Sounds like neutral safely switch needs adjustment or is toast. Could be dangerous if someone isn't expecting it.

Neutral Safety Switch barrel connector. Clean, inspect, repair. It's the problem. Remove front driver's tire, remove the rear most inner fender mud guard (if you have it), look up and to the back. You will find the barrel connector there. The NSS is a sealed unit and is virtually a forever part and shouldn't need adjusting. At least that's what I have found. Post 10 here: What solenoid is what on my 1994 LC Transmission?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom