Trade 1994 FZJ80 "Norman" Trade for 60 or 100 (UPDATE: NOW HAVE OUTRIGHT PRICE!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLDTRADE/FEELER:

I’ve had a 55, a 60, an 80 and now I am looking to potentially make a move. Some of you are probably familiar with my current rig, Norman (94 fzj80) or my previous rig, Ingrid (83 fj60) and are therefore familiar with how I build up my cruisers. So you know that my mods are purpose-driven and well thought-out.

Please feel free to re-direct to my build thread via the vehicle description in my sig. (Some pics below as well)

I WILL NOT DELIVER AND SHIPPING IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER. KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM IN DURANGO, COLORADO AND SHIPPERS CHARGE A BIT MORE SINCE I AM OFF THE BEATEN PATH OF NORMAL EAST/WEST CORRIDORS. WHEN GETTING QUOTES FOR SHIPPING MENTION THIS FACT!, I RECOMMEND ERIC AT FIRST CALL AUTO HAUL. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY AND EXAMINE MY BUILD THREAD BEFORE MAKING AN OFFER. I WANT THE BUYER TO KNOW WHAT HE OR SHE IS BUYING AS THIS IS AN AS-IS SALE WITH "NO-BACK-SEES" THAT SAID, I WILL OBVIOUSLY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I CAN AND TAKE ANY PICTURES YOU MAY NEED.

1994 fzj80 – Norman – White – Blue Leather interior on mechanical seats

Engine:

217,000 Miles
Compression Numbers when purchased (PO) available in build thread – wet & dry
PHH and FHH – Silicone and constant torque (PHH bypassed all the way)
New OEM Power-steering pump and internal pump gear.
New OEM Cap, Rotor, Wires and plugs
New OEM Belts
New Rear heater hoses (OEM)
New SuperStart Battery
New Charcoal Canister (Rochester crossover)
Runs great, shows 71 EGR Code, O2 Sensors Checked, switching fine. Haven’t worried about it too much, I’m guessing mileage could be a little better.

Suspension:

OME 850’s (2.5” Heavies) up front with 5mm poly trim spacer and 1.5” MetalTech Spacers (Nice set-up to get to 4” while lowering bumpstops below the MT Spacer.
OME 863J’s in back (Lots of weight in the back so the J’s are nice)
OME 73L’s and 74L’s (Regular not Sport)
OME Steering Stabilizer
Slee Front Caster Plates (welded)
SS Braided Brake Lines and adjustment brackets
Front End Service was done by PO, one Birfield was replaced, one was not.
All New OEM Bushings on front Lower Control Arm
Front Sway Bar removed (still have it)
Slee Rear Sway Bar drop links
Slee Rear Bump Stop Drops
LANDTANK HD Rear Lower Control Arms
New OEM Bushings for LCA’s
Front and rear Ironman Adjustable Panhards
The only Control Arm bushings not replaced with OEM are upper Rears.

Drivetrain:

A442F Tranny shifts solidly, great shape (Flushed recently)
Transfercase operates perfectly (just a little driveline slop from auto locker)
Pin 7 and Center Diff Lock Switch Done
Rear Lockright Auto Locker
All New OEM U-joints
Driveshafts Phased and balanced
New Slee/Powerstop drilled and slotted Rotors
New EBC GreenStuff pads
New OEM E-Brake Shoes
Lucas Gear Oil (TC & Diffs done twice in my ownership, no water crossings)
New Neutral Safety Switch
New Rear Wheel Bearings and Outer Seals
Tires: 315/75/R16 First Gen. M/TR’s with 70-80% left and 2008 Date Codes
(The last batch before they were replaced with the 2nd Gen. M/TR’s)
Overdrive and ECT work properly
Extended Breather lines

Armor:

ARB Non-Winch Bull Bar – Steel Grey Powdercoat
Slee AC Dryer Skid – Steel Grey Powdercoat
MetalTech Sliders w/ Cat Protection – Steel Grey Powdercoat
Iron Pig Off Road Transfer Case Crossmember/Skid (The big one)
Iron Pig Offroad Rear Bumper with Single Swing Arm/Tire Carrier – Steel Gray PC
OEM Wheels Powdercoated to match the rest.

Cargo:

WagonGear Tailgate Storage Lid
Driverside Hanna Cargo Carrier
Custom PassengerSide 3rd row Airtank Rack/Holder
Yakima Towers and Load Bars

Interior:

Dealer Installed Unique Dark Blue Leather on Mechanical seats (best of both worlds)
Dealer Installed Blue Leather Accents on Door Panels
Non-USA Market Passenger Dash Grab on perfect dash
WheelSkins Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Dark Blue Sheepskins for the Front Seats (Front Seats could use new foam but are pretty good on the leather.
CruiserCrap TEQ Shifter for Transfercase
Rear Seat Leather is Factory Perfect
I have the Grey 3rd Row Seats in storage.
Sunroof works
Mid-Level Radioshack CB with Firestik Firefly Antenna
(Just enough Comms for CruiseMoab)
Radio Antenna works

I have most of the PO’s paperwork and all of mine.

Full Disclosure Cons/Problems from Front to Back

Front clip was less-than-exactingly repaired…Front radiator support should have been replaced after non-frame effecting accident that totaled it out. Therefore, the front fenders hang a little bit off, the inners are banged back into general compliance (light deformation, not giant) The driverside headlight assembly has intact glass but rigged mounting points (see build thread) and the passengerside headlight assembly has intact mounting points but a hole in the front glass contaminating the inside with condensation and dust. I have covered the hole with 4 or 5 layers of clear packing tape to stop further contamination but that red Moab dust gets in there somehow. The hood’s clear is coming off on the edges to an extensive degree and the hood has some hail damage. (replacement hood after accident). Basically the front clip (body) shows okay but has some issues. It’s what’s known as a 15 footer.

The vehicle's Air Conditioning stopped cooling once in Moab, during CruiseMoab 2011, after 5 hours of Slow-going and crawling on Hell’s Revenge and Fins & Things in 90º+ weather (AC on the whole time). This happens when the engine temp gets too high so I imagine a clutchfan fluid replacement and/or waterpump may be needed in the distant future. The gauge has never left the center but if the AC kicked off then it got over usual operating temp. (210º is the kick off?)

Windshield is cracked but not bad and has never gotten bigger during my ownership (Didn’t trust anyone local to seal it right so never did it)

Front Seats need new foam, outer bolster flattened on both Leather okay no rips.

CD player doesn’t work, I use cassette adapter and Ipod/Ipad or stream Pandora through my Crackberry

Small Bleach stain on lower carpet of driver second row door panel

Windows:

Driverside Front Window Motor replaced and powerful but tracks are slightly off so it doesn’t go up super smooth and it pops at the top instead of simply stopping

Passengerside Front Window is SLOW, tracks are good, will go in-op (will need hand assistance) if cold enough

Rear windows operate slightly faster than Passengerside Front but can also be rendered almost in-op by cold.

Some carpet stains in rear cargo.

Rear Seat Belt assemblies (3rd Row) removed (I have them)

Hood and Hatch supports become in-op due to cold

Aforementioned Code 71 EGR – needs deleting or repair. O2’s have been checked and are fine.

Rear Driverside Reverse Light (LED) is intermittent – connection suspected.

Small oil leak at Oil Pump Cover Gasket. Never hits the ground.

Small Leak at rear main or upper pan gasket. Never hits the ground.

Very small amount of rust on lower inner door skin of Driver side 1 and 2

Cosmetic damage to Land Cruiser trim piece on center of rear hatch.

Little bit of slop in the driveshafts that I attribute to the slop of an autolocker. The gears looked great when I put in the locker…and the pinion preload was still good.

Okay, that’s about all I can think of. May have forgotten something but I don’t think so. Please refer to my build thread for pictures and feel free to ask me for additional photos if needed.

A couple pics (some also available in build thread)

norman2011.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-09-22

normancm2011qo.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-05-27

norman3cm2011.jpg

norman2cm2011.jpg

img00159201109051029.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-09-05

stuff2r.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-03-05

cimg1885v.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-03-09

img00037201102131500.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-13

Less Stinkbug than this with the 850's and MT Spacers currently installed and the rear axle
sits further back due to the correction of the LANDTANK HD Lower Control Arms
cimg1844o.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-13

img0467modded.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2010-10-27

img00006201009291351.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2010-10-02

wheelskin2.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2010-08-02

grab1.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2010-08-02

And Norman is featured in THIS somewhat prominently:
Cruise Moab 2011 | Kokopelli Trail - YouTube
Cheers!
-Trap

Last edited:
nice truck man love the 80. I bought mine when we had three kids so the rear cargo without third row was perfect for us. now that we have four kids th rear cargo is not so spacious anymore. Hence my sale. ill build another rig one of these days but unfortunately unless toyota come out with a larger platform i might have to go another route in the future. good luck with the sale! i keep telling myself that the 100 series isso much bigger than the 80 lol maybe if i repeat it enough ill believe it.

nice truck man love the 80. I bought mine when we had three kids so the rear cargo without third row was perfect for us. now that we have four kids th rear cargo is not so spacious anymore. Hence my sale. ill build another rig one of these days but unfortunately unless toyota come out with a larger platform i might have to go another route in the future. good luck with the sale! i keep telling myself that the 100 series isso much bigger than the 80 lol maybe if i repeat it enough ill believe it.

Yeah, you get to a point where one vehicle just might not handle it all...unless you want to drive an Excursion or a school bus...

Thanks for the comment! If my 80 was SC'ed and as nice as yours, I'd have an even harder time letting it go...hard enough already.

SOLD

I need to get jumping on this...get a nice lesser cruiser and get my wife into a respectable Subaru.

This is the last price drop you will see on this truck, I'm taking it in the shorts at...

Last edited:
Bonus!:

EDIT: (The .22-410 is spoken for... to a friend for his son's first gun when it comes time)

Whomever purchases Norman will receive a Fly Rod from my arsenal...I have most weights from 4wt's to a two-handed 1290 Sage rplx...so whatever suits your local conditions.
(Most are Sage but you'll have to PM if interested...);):p:cheers:

Last edited:
Bonus!:

EDIT: (The .22-410 is spoken for... to a friend for his son's first gun when it comes time)

Whomever purchases Norman will receive a Fly Rod from my arsenal...I have most weights from 4wt's to a two-handed 1290 Sage rplx...so whatever suits your local conditions.
(Most are Sage but you'll have to PM if interested...);):p:cheers:

This includes a Winston LT - 5 Piece - 5wt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom