For Sale Sold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold

1994 FZJ80, LOWERED to $12,000
Currently 185,600mi

Repainted in Raptor Dark OD Green and black bumpers.

BLUF: Factory Locker truck, both work. Has CDL switch and 7-pin modification also. 38-gallon fuel tank, front/rear armor + sliders, head gasket done at 177k, all LED lights, dual batteries, Bowfin roof rack with LEDs, exterior sprayed with bed liner and low mileage x5 General Grabber AT tires.

New: windshield, front calipers, stainless brake hoses, booster, master cylinder, all coolant hoses + PHH, deleted the rear heater, all heater hoses, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, red coolant, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, oil change, trans fluid change, transfer fluid change, both diff fluid change, AC condenser, AC dryer, AC expansion valve, AC evaporator, AC compressor, all belts, AC tensioner pulley, drag link and tie rod ends x4, all brake flex lines replaced with MAF stainless lines, driver side power window mechanism, alternator, front wheel and trunion bearings, front DC shaft.

Things NOT included: the Tepui tent, the winch, the highlift jack, the water can on the back, the shower on the side of the rack, the kids seats in the back, the solar panel and charge controller, any of the camping gear and the fridge.

Why am I selling it? I want something newer and probably bigger. Trades I might consider: 100-series, Chevy Avalanche...tbd.

Trail Tailor 4” TourFlex suspension with foam cell shocks. Adjustable lower links. Just installed MetalTech adjustable upper rear links and the caster correction plates . Also, has front and rear adjustable track bars. I just recently replaced the rear Tourflex springs with ARB 2863 (heavy) springs to lower the rear about 1.5". I also pulled the spacer I had on the front springs to balance out the truck. I did this to go back to 285 tires which work better with the stock gearing. The original rear Tourflex springs will be included with the truck.

Fender arches removed. Front fender holes were welded, rear filled with JB metal. Exterior sprayed with Raptor Liner Dove Grey. I have a couple of spare bottles that I was going to use to cover the sliders and touch up some thin spots on the exterior that will go with the truck.

Has a Man-A-Fre 38 gallon fuel tank. Comes with a spare used fuel pump and sender assembly.

Front seats have been replaced with Volkswagen seats that are manual adjust. Has rear SOR canvas seat covers. Backup camera! Very nice Sony XAV-1000 stereo with a small amp and 4 cheap speakers. The steering column clamshell is broken but I have it.

I just converted it to round LED headlights with some very nice Morimoto LEDS. I still have the Depo headlights with LED bulbs and the stock grill that can go with it for some $$.

Dual batteries and Blue Sea automatic charge controller. Right now second battery just runs all the auxiliary lights and a cigarette lighter port in the cargo area.

North West Trail Innovation front bumper. Also has built in LED driving lights that come on automatically with the Switchpro controller.

4x4 Labs dual swing rear bumper.

El-cheapo Amazon snorkel connected to factory airbox.

LED light bar. 2 rear facing LED flood lights. 2 side facing LED flood lights..

Parts included/not installed: spare locker actuators, 4 caliper rebuild kits, transmission filter, entire transmission, drive shafts, aftermarket radiator, fuel pump assembly, misc suspension bushings, old front calipers.

The bad:

There is some rust on the under carriage and axles, but everything so far has come loose when I went to wrench on it.

Looks like the transfer case leaked at some point. It doesn't leak now and there is the correct amount of fluid in it!

The truck was in an accident before I bought it and not repaired well. The body/radiator mount on the passenger side is tweaked so the front metal will likely never be perfect. I had to cut out some of the inner fender on the passenger side to get everything to go back on with a straight hood and straight outer fenders. This is not a candidate for an Icon restoration…but it is VERY solid and will go anywhere. I replaced the: hood, core support and both front fenders with used parts.

To my knowledge and the records that came with it the head has never been touched. It runs fine now, no overheating. I will see if I can get compression numbers eventually. Surfaced head, valve job and shims, new OEM head gasket, fuel filter, injectors, all upper end seals.

It’s not incredibly clean inside. It sat for 2 years before I got it and I ended up throwing out the rear seats because they smelled. I replaced the second row seats with the same thing. There’s still dust in the crevices.

There are no 3rd row seats, and I’m pretty sure I threw away the belts too.

I never bothered to spray the roof, so it is a green color. It’s usually hidden by the rack and pretty hard to get up that high to see it. Could drive an OCD person crazy.

I have all new rotors, pads and caliper rebuild kits that I haven’t installed. Brakes work really good as is. Replaced front pads/rotors and reman calipers.

I have a full front axle rebuild kit with bearings yet to do. I found old service paperwork that it was done once at 100k but a Toyota dealer. No leaks or clicks now, but should be done for PM/baseline. Done

There is a small exhaust leak I can hear near the catalytic converters. I have a much better used set of Y-pipe and catalytic converters that need to be installed. Installed newer factory 1994 cats, downpipes and all new seals

There is a hum from the radio. I need to tweak the AMP wiring to get rid of it. Fixed

Fuel gauge stuck at half way. The low fuel light does come on after 380mi but it gets 12MPG everywhere and I usually put gas in somewhere around 400-430mi on the trip meter….ya 38-gallons. Fixed

There’s a small crack in the windshield. Replaced...now has a chip but can be fixed, does not need replaced.

Last edited:
Got busy on it and replaced the catalytic convertors, down pipes and all the exhaust seals. Also installed the caster plates and the MetalTech rear upper control arms. I'll work on the sliders when I get the correct cat skid plates from 4x4Labs...maybe next week. Looked at the front brakes while I was doing the caster plates and the pads have a ton of life left and the brakes don't pulse so I won't be doing brakes any time soon.

Alternator went out so replaced it with a new Bosch part and kept the old to rebuild. Waiting on a new DC front drive shaft to show up and that will go on the truck. Price drop to $15k without the light bar.

We have been using the truck a lot lately, including a trip to San Diego and back. I ended up rebuilding the front axle, along with new calipers, rotors and pads. I also replaced the master cylinder and the brake booster. The brakes are awesome now. I also did the head gasket, had the head machined, valve job..new injectors, fuel filter and a couple of hoses.

The truck seemed to like the maintenance and is a little peppier now. It starts much faster as well, so the 4-hole injectors seem to be working.

Still for sale? Interior pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom