Builds 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sts? Help a TLA-challenged dude out.

Sts=So to speak...it’s what me and my immature friends add onto anything that is seemingly innocent but can be twisted into something perverted. I.e. “I plugged all those holes with my steel stik, so to speak”🤣

Alright fellas, I have parts piling up and keep buying more. Schtalin Babbity is running so well that I keep making excuses to put the work off. Since the parts are piling up, I decided to get after my 25 and 26 (rich and lean) malfunction codes. I got two O2 sensors from NTK part numbers 24044 and 24080. Before installing the O2 sensors, I removed the PAIR and relocated my new O2 sensors into the manifold. I wrapped the O2 sensor harness with heat-resistant tape I purchased from Aircraft Spruce (a great resource). I used Wits' End block off plates in the original location with new gaskets all around. Nickel Anti-seize was my friend. Installed the new hard pipe from 95 and newer models and R2 the water line by the firewall, Part # 87245-60340. The original O2 sensors came out willingly; I was grateful. I used all new hardware courtesy of Partsouq and both 25 and 26 codes are now gone! I'll be taking her on an island trip today to stretch her legs and to pick up a set of 5 OEM wheels.
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg

Last edited:
Defeating CEL codes is so satisfying, nice work! I’m excited to see what’s happening with the wheels...

:popcorn:

Defeating CEL codes is so satisfying, nice work! I’m excited to see what’s happening with the wheels...

:popcorn:
Yes it is. It’s been weird anyway, when I first got the cruiser, the CEL would illuminate within the first 5-10 minutes of driving then go away. Then I took the EFI fuse out and put it back in and the CEL never came back but when I tested the diagnostics port, I’d get the 25 and 26 error codes. Once I got a 27. Anyway after the O2 sensors, no codes and still no CEL. time will tell.
As for the wheels, I’m still debating on what to do. They’re from a 95-97 cruiser so I need to source shank type lugs. The wheels are in decent shape but certainly need some TLC. I plan to get some estimates for powder coating around here but I’m certain it’ll be an arm and/or a leg. Not the highest on the priories list.
The next phase of maintenance will be belts, rad, hoses, vc gasket, all lines and dizzy, plugs and wires and etc. but she’s running so well, I’m hesitant to break into her. It’ll happen in May after my trip to the states! Thanks for tuning in.

Forgot to show this little gimmick I pulled out of the intake tube whilst performing the PAIR delete:
01218058-485E-4EBF-B85A-C340BB9226F7.jpeg
Needless to say, I feel confident my fuel economy has now tanked 🤣

“First $100 gets it...”

Those look good! Need to order myself a set of those.
Thanks, they're great. I've always had Weathertechs in every vehicle I've owned and these can't be beaten in terms of fit, form, and finish. I like them better than Huskeys which I believe are their main competitor. Aside from the great utility, the aft cargo carpet is thrashed so it covers that up...you know ignorance being bliss.

In the first photo is that a 12 v outlet? I have a gaping wound in that spot that nEd’s the same treatment.

In the first photo is that a 12 v outlet? I have a gaping wound in that spot that nEd’s the same treatment.
Yes, but I ripped the wiring out from behind it in my haste to get rid of the rats nest from my previous posts. There were so many splices within splices, it was splice inception. Hard pass.

I plan to replace the trim back to stock. Just forgot about it so thanks for the reminder!

After a few outings and having the Hawaiian sun beat down on my rig, I wanted to protect my dash a little better. After all, my dash is in great shape and I want to keep it that way. I’ve always read good things about Escape Gear and went looking. I bought directly through their website and they were extremely friendly and customer service oriented. They verified my dash style 94 vs newer and told me it’d be a bit longer to receive my mat as they’re made to order and Covid has delayed their Ops. I was good with that upfront policy. I ordered on 9 Mar and it arrived today, 30 Mar. It is exceptional quality and I really like the added features to hold maps and some tools or whatever you desire. Not bad for $100 to my door.

I decided not to use the Velcro stickie and instead will see how the mat stays put while driving. It seems heavy enough to not move but I’ll ops check it this weekend on one of our small adventures. Without further adieu:
9568730C-EEFD-4DC0-AF48-5BE378D0063A.jpeg
75391C67-7426-468C-AC6D-BF37374B1DAB.jpeg

Edited for stupid spelling syntax: I wish I needed a dash mat in my climate. I need moss killer here. Im stoked that it only took a few weeks to get that custom bling to your door. I think they make some nice seat covers too.

I’d argue this dash mat has more utility than simply protecting your dash. I think you need one😉.
They make awesome seat covers! I plan to get a set in the future but first I’m collecting bits and pieces to prep for my full paint next year.

Noticed an exhaust cushion blown out so ordered all three from my fave UAE suppliers and R2d them. Of the three only one was really bad but glad to replace them all. R2 the nuts too for good measure and does the most aft position have to be so special?
F5C23057-C544-47C3-B8DA-90EC48FB5369.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom