Builds 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update: my last remaining Man-Card was taken away today and most deservedly so.

It’s been about 1,300 miles since my last oil change and I wanted to send in another sample to Blackstone for analysis at the 1,300 mile interval. Well should be about a 20 min job right? Nope. I fought the oil filter for about 2.5 hours. I beat the ever-loving-shît out of it, stabbed it, crushed it, and tried with all my might to get it to budge. No-Go. I had a crazy last few nights of drinking and as much force as I was giving, I almost soiled myself. I actually might have, I just told myself oil got into my underwear somehow. Anyway, who cares about that.

After I collected myself, I closed my eyes and internalized what Ike must’ve felt when he was going through it with Tina. That was all I needed when I wrapped my hand around that stout filter, aka, “Tina” and finally, that bitch gave way.

In other news, my whip went from “hood-rat, hood-rat, hoochie-mama” to…
0122A02C-CD3F-436B-87CA-88597C5EAE37.jpeg

To the “glamorous, glamorous”. 😍 yeah, it isn’t a perfect match but hey, I’m a beggar and I ain’t fortunate enough for choices.
708FED6F-7268-4D49-827A-07C83FDDC79B.jpeg

Time for me to shower.

A+ for creative writing albeit something that draws even the purist mind near the gutter. Who put that bastard of an oil filter on your engine?

A+ for creative writing albeit something that draws even the purist mind near the gutter. Who put that bastard of an oil filter on your engine?
That would be me. I swear I didn’t crank her on before. I changed it up from the YZZD3 to the TD004 and I had a harder time trying grip that larger filter.

In 2004 I bought new Jetta 1.8t. Car was fast but the monsoon stereo was the selling note. First oil change took two days. That oil filter would not come off. In the end I won but the filter didn’t resemble and oil filter as it lye on the cold cement.

I mean yzzd3. Keep it simple. Your console looks beautiful if that’s what you are shooting for. I prefer utility

Keep it simple. Buy the correct size socket cap wrench 73mm for yddz filter.
But what about this mega sized TD004 monster that he stole from a forklift? From Pell’s description it’s at least 234mm

I mean yzzd3. Keep it simple. Your console looks beautiful if that’s what you are shooting for. I prefer utility
I like the height much better. Way more comfortable for my 12 mile cross-island trips.
But what about this mega sized TD004 monster that he stole from a forklift? From Pell’s description it’s at least 234mm
Dude, I wish Trump could tell you how YUGE this filter is.

12 miles? Please! My man will rise again. You don’t need a huge oil filter. You need dexterity. True story: I put one of those big made in Japan filters on. Next day we embarked on a 4500 mile journey, first stop yellow stone. We got to some place deep in Nevada and stopped at a truck stop. While I was fueling my wife found entertainment inside in a slot machine so I decided to pull up to the building and check the oil even though I had just changed it yesterday. No oil on the dipstick! That big filter had been leaking the whole time. I put a gallon of delo in her and ran for the Idaho border. Next morning had a complete oil change done in Idaho falls. Moral of the story is to keep it simple. The smaller filter can handle a 5k mile OCI just fine.

12 miles? Please! My man will rise again. You don’t need a huge oil filter. You need dexterity. True story: I put one of those big made in Japan filters on. Next day we embarked on a 4500 mile journey, first stop yellow stone. We got to some place deep in Nevada and stopped at a truck stop. While I was fueling my wife found entertainment inside in a slot machine so I decided to pull up to the building and check the oil even though I had just changed it yesterday. No oil on the dipstick! That big filter had been leaking the whole time. I put a gallon of delo in her and ran for the Idaho border. Next morning had a complete oil change done in Idaho falls. Moral of the story is to keep it simple. The smaller filter can handle a 5k mile OCI just
I like the height much better. Way more comfortable for my 12 mile cross-island trips.

Dude, I wish Trump could tell you how YUGE this filter is.
12 miles is a long way….

You need oil filter pliers. I use my set on everything. Can even be used to hold beer can when your hands are elbow deep in axle grease.

You need oil filter pliers. I use my set on everything. Can even be used to hold beer can when your hands are elbow deep in axle grease.
Yes, I think I’ll procure one of these or the like. Thank you for the link.

For the record, I bought three of the large TD004 filters for shiz n gigs. I literally had no other reason other than curiosity. After seeing how much bigger these are, I’ll be going back to the YZZD3s after I deplete my stash.

What's up cruiser heads? Haven't done much to my whip lately but here are a few updates for the 1-2 of you who are up late mudding.

1: Vanity, see exhibits a & b:
a.
IMG_1961_Original.jpg

b.
Untitled.jpg

After the simple fuze box swap, I had to address my intermittent horns. First I took the horns off to inspect them. Not much to it, the harness looked fine, the brackets were clean, but one of the horns had some loose debris floating around inside. Maybe that was the culprit. Doubtful. Anyway, I had ordered new CT200H horns because they sound solid. I got them in, please see exhibit c&d:
c.
Untitled.jpg

d.
2.jpg

But guess what? I still got no tones. Frustrated, I began researching. My turn signals worked, my hazards worked, so it wasn't the fuse. My horn relay was clicking when I smashed the middle of the steering wheel so it wasn't that....then I came upon a thread on mud that pointed me to this site: 80 Series Horn Replacement - https://tctmagazine.net/january-2015-volume-8-issue-1/80-series-horn-replacement BAM!

Lo and behold exhibit e:
1.jpg

Now I have some sweet-sounding horns that I can blare without recourse and feelings of embarrassment.

Oh yeah, I also did this to my old VC. It looked like ass with the wrinkle-black VHT paint. Not that the paint looks bad, it's me. I sucked at painting the VC. Now, just like my nightly sins under the covers, I can start fresh again tomorrow.
Ladies and gentlemen, please see exhibit f:

f.
IMG_1939_Original.jpg

I forgot that I said, I'd post some pics once my other cruiser made it to my casa in TN. Some developments I didn't mention since I bought the 97 cruiser are I'm no longer going to send my 94 to get painted by Kelly Saad. Why? I mean, I still want to but my wife doesn't want it painted. The other reason is that I'm planning on dropping stupid money as a retirement gift to myself on one cruiser, not both. I mean, I only want to go into debt a little bit after I quit working ;) In all seriousness, I want to prioritize the build on one, not both and since my wife likes the patina of the green and that happens to be her favorite color, she will get what she wants. For now.

Anyway, onto some of the pics of my new cruiser. She is garaged and my father-in-law drives her once a month or so to keep her lubed up and ready for me (sts). and I just threw up in my mouth a little.
IMG_1819_Original.jpg
IMG_1817_Original.jpg

IMG_1818_Original.jpg

IMG_1814_Original.jpg
IMG_20211017_131809571_HDR_Original.jpg

When will you be in the contenintal US?
We’ll, I requested retirement last month. It has yet to go through all the red tape because I’m asking for a 5 month curtailment for my DEROS. So BL, I’ll either leave here to start skillbridge around Apr/May or Aug/Sep.

I’m hoping to do skillbridge with a Cruiser shop. Closer to NE TN, the better but I’m not opposed to doing it anywhere someone will take me. I mean it’s free labor for them and zero vulnerabilities. I’m still working for the military during the SB.

I reached out to one shop on the west coast already but they’ve ignored me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom