For Sale 1994 ~230k miles Detroit, MI, lockers, no rust (GA car) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(52, 52, 52)
Howdy!

My FIL has asked me to sell his 1994 Land Cruiser. The vehicle spent its entire life in Georgia, and has no rust in any of the usual spots. I have the vehicle in the Detroit area, title in my name in hand, ready for sale. Vehicle would make an excellent off-roader base.

Good:
-Inspected by 2 mechanics, no major faults found.
-AC blows cold
-Replaced belts, plugs, front main seal due to oil leak.
-Cabin doesn't leak, verified with car wash drives.
-starts, runs, drives well. Tracks and brakes straight.
-FIL installed a major sound system in the car back in the 90s, dynaudio speakers all around.
-No ignition draws, vehicle holds a charge
-OEM hood and roof wind deflectors
-OEM lockers

Bad
-Paint on hood and roof has no clear left. Sides are fine.
-Front seat leather wear, and both fronts have the usual seat gear problem.
-ABS code present
-Stereo is inop, haven't gone into it.
-Some corner scuffs, slight bumper push on front passenger side.

Pics are coming, I am cleaning it off.

Asking 12k OBO.

Pics
20200816_153823.jpg
20200816_154242.jpg
20200816_154533.jpg
20200816_153849.jpg
20200816_154343.jpg

Additional underbody pics
20200822_133445.jpg
20200822_132630.jpg

Please let me know if additional pictures of any area in particular are needed. As you can see, the rails and body are in excellent condition.

Unit is still for sale, please let me know if there are any requests for additional information.

Looks like a good deal at that price. GLWS!

Funny. I’m from GA but in Traverse City on vacation. I’ll be in the area Saturday. Is the truck still available? what is your rock bottom price? I’d buy it and drive it home.

Your PM box full so asking here:

How many winters has the vehicle spent in the North?

You mentioned the front oil seal was replaced, did the mechanics also replace
the oil pump cover gasket/O-ring?

Is there any leaking/seaping engine oil (or other leaks)?

Do the locking differentials work ie: do the lights go solid if on say a gravel road or grass?

How much oil does it consume every 1000 or 3000 miles (and what weight is being used)?

Do you have to add coolant/anti-freeze now and then to the cooling system
top it off? (how much)??

Does the AC work?

Howdy, everybody. Unit is still avail.able, and I have verified the stereo is functional. The amplifier was dead, but I have replaced it with another unit I had around the house. (an Elemental Designs 4-channel) The crossovers and speakers appear to be functioning perfectly, with Dynaudio 2-ways in the front and back.

The car has been dynamat-ed in the doors (I noticed while verifying the speakers) so this cruiser is likely a good bit quieter than other units.

Also, since it has been asked by literally every person, the head gasket is most likely original. The unit does not appear to burn coolant, there is no milkshake in the coolant or oil, the unit maintained a perfect temperature during a 50 mile round trip city+hwy drive, and the unit does not smoke, and the HVAC is fully operational. Heat (front and back) and AC work as designed. Therefore, while it may be an issue in the future, it does not appear to be an issue right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom