For Sale ***SOLD***1993 Toyota 75 series project for sale Ebay $8,000 no reserve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has been edited:

Price $14,500 obo. Importation docs included. It's also listed on Ebay right now.

Got starry-eyed and bought this 75 on ebay: (wrong thumbnail below, but if you follow the ebay link, it will take you to the correct listing)

I mean, what could possibly go wrong with an imported 1993 Landcruiser from Central America with 1,875,000 miles on it? Guy barely spoke english, so I casually translated everything he said into: DO IT, IT’S FINE. BUY IT, IT’S AWESOME. DO IT! BUY IT!

So I wired a total stranger 16k and spend almost 2k getting it to the east coast. That’s right, I’m 18K in and I’m not ashamed. I’ve done dumber s*** than this…

Of course he said it was perfect, and me being the trusting person I am… believed him. Once I got it here, I shipped it to a shop I use and this is what they said (also see video):

• Engine is crooked in bay. Needs new mounts.
  • No heater
  • Engine is pouring oil out because freeze plug popped out. Engine does run.
  • Driveshafts are loose
  • Axle hubs need to be rebuilt. Rear axle seems fine.
  • Truck having trouble staying in 1st gear.
  • no windshield wipers (totally over rated anyway)
  • Gas tank leaking (was braised, but a totally s*** job)
Here’s the good:

• Frame solid and rust free. See photos/videos.
  • Body is straight and in fantastic shape. There is bodywork. Also a few minor dings/scratches and whatnot. No biggie
  • Paint looks really good with a few blemishes here and there.
  • New wheels and tires are awesome
  • Crazy unique
  • Interior pretty good!
  • Replacement parts in the original listing seem to be accurate.
Shop is saying it's all repairable, but quotes to have this all done by a shop are too high for me to continue.

additional pics and vids: HERE

Original description from the auction (if ebay pulls it):

1993 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER SERIE 75
condition: excellent
cylinders: 6 cylinders 4500 carburetor
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 94000
paint color: Blue
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: pick up

I have this 1993 Toyota FJ 75 pick up well as everything else is in perfect conditions. The car has a 1FZ 4500 motor, manual transmission H151F, the front bumper has 2 headlights. The car is refurbished is all aspects. The upholstery is in perfect conditions, the seats. It has so many other great features, come by and see it for your self.

-NEW Tires 285/70R17
-New wheels Toyota
-Front Inti bumper
-headlight Led
-led lights
-New Belts (all 3) from Toyota
-Snorkel
-Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with Compass, Outside temp
-New DieHard 825 CCA Battery Group 27 from Sears Dec2017
-old man emu 2' inch
-work in the differential the suspension SOA
-2 year old Drive Shaft Couplings
-New Tie Rod Ends Front (All 4)
-Steering Shaft Seal Replaced (No Hot Foot)
-1 Year ago Old Man Emu Steering Dampener
-UltraGause to OBDII for MPG, Distence to Empty
-Washable Factory (Toyota) Air Filter
-No Factory Lockers
-Front Axle seals/bearings/wipers serviced with TrailGear kit including Trail Safe Seals.
-New Brakes - drilled Rotors/ceramic pads

The Engine 4.5 Carburetor IL6, Transmission, AC Works Flawlessly

Thank you for looking at my Post, I am Intereted in Selling this Beast. NOT IN A RUSH. No Trades, Cash or other reasonable means of...

Last edited:
I will fix it for you but I am a ways out with a number of projects in line first. So late 2019ish and I am not on the east coast.

Very cool truck though, I recall seeing it for sale on Facebook. You got it for a lot less than it was advertised on there.

Cheers

Oh and I would be a bit worried if it popped a freeze plug. That is what is supposed to do to keep from cracking the block but to me it says they had water in it and it froze. Perhaps on transport to you? Many Latin Cruisers are not running coolant or the correct mixture for N. America. I always get that dealt with before shipping anything up here.

Cheers

Do you want out of it?

He said yes to that.

I watched the video. Cool truck, sad to hear it was misrepresented. The exhaust routing is bogus-looks like FJ62 routing by going outside frame. Weird shackles in the back. I would not take the advice of the guy saying take the top off and fold down the windshield. :steer:

No heater-Meh, they're overrated. :flipoff2:

How much are you looking for?

I'm looking to get out even, or very close to even. If I can't make that happen, i'll go down the rabbit hole... (of doing it myself - just might take more time than I am comfortable with)

I say keep going down the rabbit hole. You have something very unique. The stuff listed doesn’t seem like that big a deal compared to get a rust bucket. Reach out to local clubs, and see who is a reputable person to work on Toyota’s.

The engine parts are all available in United States as that’s just the 1 FZ that’s carbureted.
Looks like it has air-conditioning too, which I’m finding is hard to get on a 70 series rig

If the body/frame/interior are decent, that's really all that matters. Especially being that it's 1FZ powered. Would be relatively easy and not that expensive to just replace the entire long block of that motor. All the other things on your list are easy to fix. If you have past wrenching experience on Toyota's, learning to work on these trucks is very straight forward. I say keep it, learn how to work on it, fix it up and you'll add a lot of value to it.

I don't get it. You think you got hosed but expect the next guy to pay just as much?

Not exactly my friend, but I can see how my title would lead you to make some assumptions. Glad you brought it up, I'll explain, which should be helpful to anyone considering the project.

If you read through the original Ebay listing, you'll see that the truck was misrepresented. Though many of my associates would disagree, I'm not a complete idiot. Well... maybe 85% or so, but the other 15% that's left over is brilliant. Like NASA smart.

In the past, I've approached cross country Ebay vehicles (their location) as a bit of a gamble. I still do it. I've had my expectations met, not met, exceeded and everything in between. I usually am looking for rust free.

In this particular case, I was promised the sun and the moon... basically a fully refurbished truck. Based on my price point and where I was able to negotiate it to, I still didn't believe it. I was hopeful, but at best it was a 50-50. I even had a PPI, but I think they weren't even close to qualified (they missed EVERYTHING SIGNIFICANT). Still wanted it. After all, I had a shot at getting something close to the description. Good enough for me. I'd deal with it if it was delivered to me less than I had hoped for. Still possible that it was a total scam and the vehicle didn't even exist.

My title "holy s***, I got hosed on ebay" is really kinda tongue in cheek. If I were to elaborate a bit and really dig deep... a more accurate description might read:

"Super neato truck got me whipped up into a frenzy, so I put all my faith in mankind and decided to trust a stranger (selling a car on ebay to boot) to put aside all inclinations of greed, personal gain, ego -- and tell the truth and disclose everything they knew about said vehicle. I'm also prepared to deal with things if it doesn't work out. No biggie. Still a beyond rad truck, and for the right person, an amazing driver or potential positive cash flip for someone with wrenching skills, parts and the know-how to fix all the issues on this truck. I'm ok either way. Is it lunchtime yet?"

I felt the above was a bit too long. So I opted for a title that would get a lot of eyeballs.

So ya, you're right I guess. I didn't get hosed, I just got less than I was hoping for. Sorry if that ruined your coffee this morning.

The truck is rad, doesn't need all that much to become something extraordinary. I'm either going to do it, or pass it on to someone that wants it. Folks know what this is worth fixed -- with everything addressed. They also know there's a profit to be made here. Worst case, fix it and use it for however how long you like and sell at a profit down the road.

Time is needed. I tried to cheat time... nope.

I took all the risk. Wired a total unknown real money for a truck that might not even be real. Dealt with shipping in multiple languages. Storage. BAD PPI. Had to deal with misrepresentation and some withheld info and dishonesty.

Now, the next cat gets to buy this from me. A pretty straight shooter with nothing hiding to bite you in the ass. Here is the project in all it's glory with all it's flaws. It exists. I have the title. I even have the vehicles importation docs. Come smell it. Lick the paint if you like. Don't want it? Walk away. It's on the East coast now.

But hey, if you want a truck just like it -- go to any ole' 3rd world country and just do it yourself. You'll probably save a few hundred bucks ;) It'll be easy! Learn Spanish first.

I don't want anyone hosed. I fancy everyone is happy. I'm certainly not going to force this project on anyone. If it floats your boat, buy it. It'll be mental when done. If nobody wants it, I'll do the project, then enjoy it for a bit, then probably sell at profit. There's good demand for these here -- Especially for trucks that look like this.

Hope that helped explain some things.

I have a fj45 I would trade you for that. :D

Can someone, OP or otherwise, explain why the bed on this thing looks different from every other FJ75 image I've looked at? I suspect it's lifted off the frame with some spacers, perhaps to accommodate larger tires?

gomotomoto, I'm interested in this for a one-off project but need to do some research. I'll be in touch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom