Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Head unit installed, brought the Cruiser out of the Stone Age and into the new millennium.

B126C4CC-A63B-4D8A-A16C-1F610DBD27F5.jpeg

LEDs tested, be done with these tonight.

4FFF2328-2060-448C-B868-001146DC236E.jpeg

Oh ya, locker is pretty much wired too. :)

Cheers

Crunch time tomorrow.

We are down to wiring the LEDs, spooling up the winch rope and installing fairlead. That and a whole bunch of testing to do on and off-road and lastly put a torque wrench on it all again.

The LEDs will take a bit of work, wiring them to the stock fog light switch and they have a “backup” light which is just a running light. Wiring that to the factory running lights.

Unfortunately I don’t think we are going to have time for fridge and compressor but everything else should be done, tested and ready to rock.

Cheers

Cool truck being built correctly with no short cuts and BS excuses.

Nice work Ian.

Safe travels John.

:cheers:

Thanks my man, miss ya in the game.

Cheers

Crunch time tomorrow.

We are down to wiring the LEDs, spooling up the winch rope and installing fairlead. That and a whole bunch of testing to do on and off-road and lastly put a torque wrench on it all again.

The LEDs will take a bit of work, wiring them to the stock fog light switch and they have a “backup” light which is just a running light. Wiring that to the factory running lights.

Unfortunately I don’t think we are going to have time for fridge and compressor but everything else should be done, tested and ready to rock.

Cheers

Does the truck have a power box in the engine bay? The power constant should be good for 10A and the ACC should be good for 7.5A. If you run the wiring for the compressor I can can add waterproof plugs to get the compressor running at windrock Friday night. I’ve got a handful of hella 24v relays as well.

Just a thought. I know you’re busting ass on this. Truck is looking phenomenal!

Does the truck have a power box in the engine bay? The power constant should be good for 10A and the ACC should be good for 7.5A. If you run the wiring for the compressor I can can add waterproof plugs to get the compressor running at windrock Friday night. I’ve got a handful of hella 24v relays as well.

Just a thought. I know you’re busting ass on this. Truck is looking phenomenal!

I am aware man and thanks. Fridge and air compressor need to be mounted securely. Compressor draws 50a under load. That is way more than I feel comfortable running from the power box.

I have another client coming Monday to pick up a truck, I got to work all weekend to get that ready.

There is no more time.

Cheers

I am aware man and thanks. Fridge and air compressor need to be mounted securely. Compressor draws 50a under load. That is way more than I feel comfortable running from the power box.

I have another client coming Monday to pick up a truck, I got to work all weekend to get that ready.

There is no more time.

Cheers
@SNLC and @divemedic you guys are awesome. The truck will be fine as is and we can address those other issues when we get it back to Florida. It’s not like I don’t have a ton of stuff already with Ian that will need to be shipped back.

Sitting in airport lounge waiting on connecting flight to Minneapolis. Decided it was time to start thinking about my route. Thinking about moving southeast tomorrow and staying somewhere in Utah. Maybe hit Grand Junction on Sunday and Colorado Springs on Monday. After that the land gets flat and can just tick off some highway miles after locating @peterb along the way.

Last item, spool up new winch rope.

2AC634F2-9F25-4AA1-92D2-0EA525F8F05C.jpeg

Wiring came out pretty good.

63601CC2-0B5A-42A1-B160-608F7B03FBF4.jpeg

Dash back together.

E5725E9F-792B-4FBF-BBA2-A791ECC06C52.jpeg

Running lights.

8B35A410-14F9-4ECC-ADF3-AECBCB4ED4ED.jpeg

Laser beams, pew pew!

855E93E4-B341-41C8-AB35-248E2CE59E9C.jpeg

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread