Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FF4522BC-CAAF-4F9B-BDC3-39DBA25320B0.jpeg
79237A83-53F3-42F4-AEFF-F3FCB4E5EECF.jpeg
572F7439-27B0-4923-9066-E4DDC58E4619.jpeg
D4D8B62A-CAE8-4864-8D74-52D9E5152246.jpeg

This is the planted bases in Tony’s Troopy. Granted his truck had a bench seat. Point is these fit the model of Troopy they built them off of. Everything else, be warned, they don’t fit.

Cheers

Ended the day by firing it up for the first time in a few weeks.

Runs great! Burped the coolant pretty good. Fixed the oil pressure gauge. A/C seems to be working well too! :)

Drove it around the yard, brakes are stellar. Steering, very good. Suspension, feels great as well!

Off for exhaust work in the morning. :)

Cheers

Ended the day by firing it up for the first time in a few weeks.

Runs great! Burped the coolant pretty good. Fixed the oil pressure gauge. A/C seems to be working well too! :)

Drove it around the yard, brakes are stellar. Steering, very good. Suspension, feels great as well!

Off for exhaust work in the morning. :)

Cheers
Very excited to hear about the A/C working!

Drove the truck up to the exhaust shop this morning. It was a short drive but I can say with confidence this truck runs, drives and handles excellent. There is not a single thing I could nit pick or complain about.

Cheers

Spoke to Dan Cable at Rosen this morning and got some new visors headed to @SNLC. Should be delivered on Wednesday.
But do they have "Tactical HD" vision? :)
image.jpeg

Yes. But they show altimeter, barometer and true air speed. So not much use.....

First thing I said when I sat in the Scheel-Mann seats after install was, oh ya this is just like flying first class. :grinpimp:

So why not aviation visors!? :)

Cheers

Ok so, last comments from me on the Scheel-Manns now that they are done.

First up I have only played with a couple of the adjustments, these seats have at least seven different adjustments. I have had many different seats in Cruisers and most series of Cruisers. Usually for aftermarket seats I will run a ProCar due to cost and quality for the buck.

I am told these are the first Scheel-Manns in a non-Troopy in the USA. As we all know or as we are finding out, the 70/71/72/73/74/77/76/Prado has different seat mounts body wise than the Troopy and I believe the pickup. Troopy has a lot more head room and to be honest I am not sure how many models Scheel-Mann makes. Anyways, point is, I mounted the seats level side to side, they are about the same as stock height wise off the floor. You could get the seat base a bit lower, maybe an inch but I opted for utilizing one of the four existing Planted mounts to save time. The seat base is about 1 1/2” off the floor on the inside which is your high point in the floor and low point on the seat base.

I am 5’11” and about 175lbs. I got 3” or so between my head and the roof. If you are over 6’2” you would want the base almost on the floor but can only gain, like I say 1-1 1/4”.

Quality wise these things are unbelievable, best aftermarket seats I have ever seen or installed. I am jealous. :banana:

Cheers

Last edited:
Just drove the Cruiser downtown to run a few errands and get some breakfast.

I always knew I had a soft spot for a 77, driving this truck confirms it. I am not a fan of the RHD but besides that this is one of my favorite Cruiser models.

Here is our list to finish it off;
-head unit install
-winch controller install
-LED lights install
-wire the e-locker
-mount fridge and compressor

Catch can I ordered won’t be here until mid next week so that is something I will send to John.

Few more days and the big trip starts for John. :)

Cheers

Just drove the Cruiser downtown to run a few errands and get some breakfast.

I always knew I had a soft spot for a 77, driving this truck confirms it. I am not a fan of the RHD but besides that this is one of my favorite Cruiser models.

Here is our list to finish it off;
-head unit install
-winch controller install
-LED lights install
-wire the e-locker
-mount fridge and compressor

Catch can I ordered won’t be here until mid next week so that is something I will send to John.

Few more days and the big trip starts for John. :)

Cheers
Turbo and intercooler? Just kidding @SNLC!!!

In less than 48 hours I'll be en route to Boise. I guess I should start packing or make or plan or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom